+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-Installing 5.01 on iPad 2 Wifi Currently Running 5.01 - Now Possible?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Good Afternoon All - I've got an iPad 2 Wifi 32gb on 5.01 which is jailbroken. Lately, it has been acting funny as am am prompted to respring after each
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Re-Installing 5.01 on iPad 2 Wifi Currently Running 5.01 - Now Possible?
    Good Afternoon All -

I've got an iPad 2 Wifi 32gb on 5.01 which is jailbroken. Lately, it has been acting funny as am am prompted to respring after each full reboot to get to the springboard, it's acting very slow, and Bluetooth is greyed out in Settings. I've had the bluetooth issue before and reinstalling iOS resolved it.

I do have my blobs backed up in Tiny Umbrella - but - remembered that previously with the iPad 2, having the SHSH blobs didn't mean that I could simply restore to 5.01 again... that something else was required which wasn't done yet.

Long story short - is it possible to restore my 5.01 iPad 2 back to 5.01 with iTunes with Tiny Umbrella blobs? I think I may have backed up with iFaith too. If so, is the process any different than usual? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks

Nope, not possible with the ipad 2 sorry.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

Crap - Thanks.

Any suggestions on how to possibly repair my issues? I've considered the below, but the last thing i want to do is make the issue worse or even worse than that mess it up to where my only option is to upgrade to 5.1.

- Remove all Cydia packages & start from new again
    - Choose to "Reset" certain things in the Settings app (combined with above?)
    - Something else similar.....

What do you think?

Thanks

Yea, you can try to delete all tweaks an only install tweaks you're realy going to use or useful tweaks. Not every crap that shows in cydia lol.

And by no means select reset all settings, it will just get you on a bootloop and only way to get out is to restore
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do not reset settings! I made it a few years ago with iPod 1 and then iPod was on recovery mode so I lost all my "things"... I can't remember what did I reset but was something easy and I though it was not goin to be a problem...