Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPad Jailbreakingforums, a part of the
Apple's nightmarish randomly-distributed and inaccessible way of storing user data is biting me in the ***. I have an iPad 2, jailbroken, running 5.0.1. And I have a new iPad....
03-25-2012, 03:24 AM #1How do I move *data* from jailbroken iPad 2 (5.0.1) to new iPad (iPad 3) (5.1)?
Apple's nightmarish randomly-distributed and inaccessible way of storing user data is biting me in the ***.
I have an iPad 2, jailbroken, running 5.0.1. And I have a new iPad. And I'm selling the old one tomorrow at noon, but I can't figure out how to transfer the data (not the apps - I'm having no trouble with the apps) from the iPad 2 to the iPad 3. The data I'm talking about are GarageBand songs, images/video made inside apps, books held inside apps, etc. - there's a lot of stuff in a a lot of different apps.
Normally you'd just backup and restore, but when I try to restore to the iPad 3 I get a "backup data corrupted" (or similar) message.
I'd like to do it all at once (like it would be with a backup/restore), but after trying all day I'll consider doing it app-by-app. But even that's not working - I can backup my GarageBand songs to iCloud, and I verified that they are there in iCloud, but the iPad 3 seems to have its OWN GarageBand iCloud and can't access the iPad 2's.
I thought this might work:
- backup the iPad 2
- un-jailbreak the iPad 2 so it's a wiped device running 5.0.1
- restore to the now unjailbroken iPad 2 running 5.0.1
- update the iPad 2 to 5.1
- backup the iPad 2
- restore to the iPad 3 using that backup
Main problem with that:
- I don't know if this will work. I'm adding a step so the data goes 5.0.1 jailbroken -> 5.0.1 non-jailbroken -> 5.1 non-jailbroken , instead of 5.0.1 jailbroken -> 5.1 non-jailbroken, but it's not at all clear to me that that will help.
- step 2 deletes all the data, so I'm screwed if it doesn't work
- but it doesn't seem to matter since I can't find a way to restore back to new 5.0.1 condition anyway.
Does anyone have any ideas?
07-26-2013, 07:19 PM #2
Don't err body jump in here...
Lemme guess, iFile???
The Following User Says Thank You to trunkdog For This Useful Post: