Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken Ipad2 5.0.1 stuck on Apple boot screen

Default Jailbroken Ipad2 5.0.1 stuck on Apple boot screen
    Hello,

I successfully jailbroke my Ipad2 5.0.1 when the jailbreak was released a few months ago. It was fine up until yesterday. I installed a package(forget what I installed) and ever since then it has been on a semi continuous boot loop. It boots up with the apple logo, shuts off, then 5-6 seconds later it reboots and does not get past the apple logo. I'm unsure of how to proceed. I can't get it into safe mode to uninstall whatever it was that is messing it up. Is a restore my only option? I do have a 5.0.1 backup for it in Itunes, but since 5.1 came out will if I restore will it automatically restore me to 5.1? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

koolkam89

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

If you can't get out of this loop, your restore will be 5.1. Having 5.0.1 blob saved does not help you to restore to 5.0.1

iYeow is right...Took me 3 days of tracking down the 3 step errors leading you to finally "not eligible" via proxy wtf @pple...

Why can I find no visible process on 5.0.1 shsh stitching, standalone installers and a pwned dfu mode? sigh...

People seem to have forgotten about a5 now that they got 5.0.1 "working" btw

----DO NOT hit reset settings, you could very well get this loop and have to update to 5.1-----

I just miss firewall ip and hate the damn swipe to unlock screen, get it right apple and we wont have to jailbreak /endrant