+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 with 5.0 NOT 5.0.1 - Give it to me straight doc :(

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Am I screwed on getting in on this new absinthe magic? I spend like a week not constantly checking every site online and I manage to miss when "DONT UPGRADE
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iPad 2 with 5.0 NOT 5.0.1 - Give it to me straight doc :(
    Am I screwed on getting in on this new absinthe magic? I spend like a week not constantly checking every site online and I manage to miss when "DONT UPGRADE UNLESS YOU ARE AN IDIOT" changed to "GET 5.0.1 GO GO GO QUICK"

What can I do with an iPad 2 running 5.0 right now, in terms of jailbreaking?
    I do not have shsh saved for anything.
    Apple isn't signing 5.0.1 anymore I hear.
    Give it to me straight guys :/

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

ask musclenerd to update absinthe for 5.0 iPad (which is unlikely he will), so I'd say you're SOL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a buddy who just asked if i can jailbreak his ipad 2 running 5.0. I guess he might as well upgrade to 5.1 since the likelyhood of absinthe updated to JB 5.0 is highly unlikely.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Af4s View Post
    I have a buddy who just asked if i can jailbreak his ipad 2 running 5.0. I guess he might as well upgrade to 5.1 since the likelyhood of absinthe updated to JB 5.0 is highly unlikely.
    Well, they do have a tethered /semi tethered jailbreak out for both (although I guess the 5.1 version is a little unstable right now. But I think I am with alot of people, unless it is untethered it is not really for me.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat then,so what we have to just wait for a 5.1.0 jailbreak or what? I'm new anybody know who I should be paying attention to to see if there's a jailbreak out for us ipad2 users?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude, same situation right here and was about to ask the same question in this forum. Only difference is I bought an iPad 2 on announcement day of the new iPad. I'm hesitant to open it unless I can find a JB for it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thelonious_one View Post
    Dude, same situation right here and was about to ask the same question in this forum. Only difference is I bought an iPad 2 on announcement day of the new iPad. I'm hesitant to open it unless I can find a JB for it.
    it's around 80% chance of being on 5.0.1 I reckon