+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore from iCloud backup after Jailbreaking

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Backed up via iCloud as I do normally, wiped device clean. Completed the Absinthe jailbreak. worked Perfectly. Now I want to know how to restore from my iCloud backup and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restore from iCloud backup after Jailbreaking
    Backed up via iCloud as I do normally, wiped device clean.

Completed the Absinthe jailbreak. worked Perfectly.

Now I want to know how to restore from my iCloud backup and still remain jailbroken?

The technique Erase all Settings and Content does not work (as pointed out in Cydia FAQ).

So the question is how? Cannot locate an answer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

It is probably sync'd to your itunes

Thanks

More like you better hope it is because you cannot to my knowledge restore from an iCloud backup if you skip that option in the initial set up of the phone after restore...
    Last edited by MBrien85; 02-28-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned
    Thanks

Thats why I don't sync to iCloud. Its a really stupid setup.

Even if you sync games then delete the game and reinstall the game it still doesn't restore from iCloud it will backup the game again which will overwrite your iCloud data making it the stupidest cloud ever.

ALWAYS backup to iTunes. Then when you need to restore you have that backup that works with jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Solution on how to get ur backup without restoring again
    What you do is go to settings - general - reset - reset all settings. (this will only reset your settings but you have to do it two times to be able to get restore from backup setting and keep jailbroken)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyle324 For This Useful Post:

GzyOnline (06-10-2012), zapataso (10-28-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MBrien85 View Post
    More like you better hope it is because you cannot to my knowledge restore from an iCloud backup if you skip that option in the initial set up of the phone after restore...
    On the contrary, you can simply open the "Setup" app on a jailbroken device.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aehmlo For This Useful Post:

Hellion (09-27-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyle324 View Post
    What you do is go to settings - general - reset - reset all settings. (this will only reset your settings but you have to do it two times to be able to get restore from backup setting and keep jailbroken)
    OMG.. Thank you SOOOOOOOO much!!!! This is EXACTLY the solution to my question.. IDK why no on has acknowledged your response, but yes this is the ANSWER!.. How to get iPhone Setup after initial setup? How to get iPhone Setup after jailbreak? How to restore from iCloud after initial setup/jailbreak? The answer is: do RESET ALL SETTINGS TWICE! Thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My dude! I created a profile on this forum especially to say thank you. You saved my day!!! I don't know why this solution is not propaganda in every jailbreak red booklet. It is THE solution. Thanks for the save broseph

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what you do is go to settings - general - reset - reset all settings. (this will only reset your settings but you have to do it two times to be able to get restore from backup setting and keep jailbroken)
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank youuuuu!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried this option so many times but didn't work.am running ios 6.1 on ipad 3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iphone 4s iOS 6.1.1 JB evasion.

I restore setting twice but don't work for me....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp us pleaseeeeeee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have lost all my contacts after upgrade from iphone 4 to 5s.

I set up the the iphone 5 by restoring from the icloud backup I had just made. Seem to work fine apart from none of my photos were restored. When I went into icloud settings it said the iphone was being restored even though I had left it plugged in and connected to wifi overnight.

Whilst I was waiting for the restore to complete (it still hasn't 36 hours later) I stupidly thought I would tidy up the old phone ready to give it to my girlfriend's son......I then realised I hand't turned off icloud backup on the old phone and all the contacts I had deleted from the old phone disappeared from the new phone too leaving me with 10.

I have tried restoring the old phone from a backup I made a couple of months ago on my PC but the contacts still show as the 10 that show on my icloud.

Does anyone know why the contacts don't restore from the PC backup and the icloud contacts of just 10 seem to take precendence?