Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 On-Screen Keyboard Problem I Am Having, Please Help Out

Question iPad 2 On-Screen Keyboard Problem I Am Having, Please Help Out
    Hey guys, I wrote long detailed description of my problem along with my Cydia Tweaks on my iPad 2, but after attempting to attach a screenshot of my problem, it exit'ed me out of this forum post, so i apologize if this one is a little brief.

I have been using a Jailbroken iPad 2 since the day Absinthe for Windows was released and have been very happy with it ever since. I have installed many tweaks including:

- Iconoclasm - 7x5 Configuration
    - Infinifolders
    - I Can't Swim - Custom Lockscreen
    - Barrel
    - and **********

Everything has worked just as I have wanted it to.

The problem arose this weekend when I was looking for an English 5 Row Keyboard that I can Install from Cydia, which there seems not to be for iOS 5+. I saw on another site, a guy mentioned that he was able to get it working with the 5 Row Keyboard for iPad Fix for iOS 5. I quickly grabbed that and tried to install the 5 row keyboard for the iPad, instantly being denied due to OS incompatibility. So then i uninstalled the fix since it was useless at this time. It wasn't until after this incident that I noticed something wrong with my On-Screen Keyboard. Whether I go to 'Spotlight' or in an app that uses it such as 'Emross War', I notice that my keyboard is 'floating' about an inch and a half over the bottom of the ipad, crossing a little bit over the middle of the screen, causing a lot of text to be covered.
    To give you an idea of how it looks, it is about a docks length above the bottom of the iPad. It is not a 'Deal breaker' By any means, but i would really like to see if I can get this fixed.

I have tried to check the general > Keyboard options, but it seems that menu is empty.. Once again, not a deal breaker, but wtf.

If anyone has a solution for me, or if anyone knows of a standard on-screen keyboard quickfix on cydia, please let me know, your help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys and gals, and I hope to hear back soon! I will be checking this throughout the day.

If you want to see a screenshot of the issue, I put it on ImageShack, heres the link, i promise no viruses!
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

No problems there, your keyboard is just undocked. The lower right button that lets you hide the keyboard also lets you split the keyboard and/or slide the keyboard up or down. Simply tap and hold over that key and a menu will pop up. You can choose to split the keyboard, which is absolutely wonderful for thumb typing, or you can 'dock and merge' which brings the keyboard back to earth (lol).
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Default Wowowowo
    Wowza, thank u so much bro, why would that even be an option! Grrr! You kick ***, hopefully others may find this solution helpful in the future, cause there is nowhere where this is mentioned, well maybe in the manual.. But who rtfm ^_^ thanks a lot again, and awesome sig. Have a good night, happy jailbreaking!

Lol no prob, glad to help
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix