Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
01-21-2012, 10:18 AM #1How to jailbreak your iPad 2 5.0.1 on windows
Hey I found this and used it to jailbreak my iPad 2 using windows its easy
Go to here download files needed It's in the update 3 bit Download HEREDev-Team Blog - Corona A5 jailbreak nearly ready to pop!
then use this guide (thanks to joeideal)
1) Download the file then extract the folder to your c: drive, open folder and there will be another folder cineject_0.4.3 rename this folder to cinject only.
2) Now cut and paste your renamed folder cinject into c:
3) Click on Start then accessories then right mouse click cmd and select run as administrator.
4) Then type this "cd ccinject." . cmd prompt should now read c cinject
Ian's edit due to smiles it's not ccinject. it's c: \cinject but there's no space between : \
5) Now type this command into cmd.. "cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig"
6) On your device, click on install, and when prompted to type in a password, just click next, with no password in.
7) Once prompted type this command: "cinject.exe -j payloads"
8) Now wait you will see lots of writing scolling
9) Again when prompted type this command: cinject.exe -w
10) On your device, after doing step 9, toggle the "VPN" switch on in the settings, in about a few seconds after, it should say error.
11) Wait, then it should restart. Cydia is now installed, and your device is now free!
Sometimes windows is not keen to allow full access to folders through folders, using cmd hence reason easier installing from c: one folder only, thats windows for you.
As I said I used this guide and had no problems at all good luck Ian
Ian's edit 2 dont use " " just the stuff I between
Last edited by tocnai; 01-21-2012 at 10:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tocnai For This Useful Post:
01-21-2012, 01:54 PM #2
Anyone try this yet? I am leary. If it was this easy everyone would have done it and wouldnt be waiting for the windows JB for the A5.
01-21-2012, 01:58 PM #3
Worked like a charm, had no errors.
01-21-2012, 02:01 PM #4
Followed the instructions. First try didn't succeed, second try did!
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM #5
I see these instructions are also posted on another site, so i am feeling more confident.
02-27-2012, 01:00 PM #6