+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, my iPad is still at 4.2.1 and JB'd. An app I want needs 4.3.3. The iPad has never Bren on 4.3.3 so only have blobs for 4.2.1 saved. Does
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?
    Hi, my iPad is still at 4.2.1 and JB'd. An app I want needs 4.3.3. The iPad has never Bren on 4.3.3 so only have blobs for 4.2.1 saved. Does this mean I can't upgrade to 4.3.3?

Thanks

It doesn't matter if the iPad has never been on 4.3.3, you just need the SHSH blobs for it. To check what blobs you have, download TinyUmbrella (here). There is a good chance that since you have a Jailbroken device at 4.2.1, you may have 4.3.3 blobs saved already. An easier way to check is to open up Cydia on your iPad and look in the top left corner of the home page. You should see a bunch of firmware numbers in green; those are the firmwares that you have blobs for.

To restore to 4.3.3, you need TinyUmbrella, iTunes and the 4.3.3 firmware file. Here is a spot where you can download any iPad (or iOS device for that matter) firmware. Open it, plug your iPad in, and click on the "advanced" tab. There is a box that says to "Request SHSH From Cydia", check it. Now click "save SHSH" in the right top cornerish of the page. Once that is done, be sure that iTunes is not running, and click "Start TSS Server". Now open up iTunes, find your iPad, and shift+click the restore button. iTunes then opens a window for you to find the firmware you want to restore to, point it to the 4.3.3 firmware file. Everything should run smoothly from then on out.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Top man! Yep, Cydia has the blobs for 4.3.3 saved. Many thanks for the heads up on that, and the guide.

Another quick question for you: at the same time I JB'd my iPad I also JB'd my wife's. Oddly, when I check Cydia on hers it still says the machine is pending.

Any ideas?