+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't access BigBoss repo

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Anybody else having problems with it? When I refresh in Cydia it's giving me a POSIX error, just for big boss, and says it can't connect. It happened two days
    Thanks

Default Can't access BigBoss repo
    Anybody else having problems with it? When I refresh in Cydia it's giving me a POSIX error, just for big boss, and says it can't connect. It happened two days ago and I thought it was just updating or something, opened Cydia up again today and it gave me the same thing. I just got a new router, is there any port I need to forward or anything? Can't figure this out, thanks.

Oh and, I can still access every other repo, and if I try to download anything from big boss it just sits there at the black screen with the loading bar not moving.

Thanks

Nobody knows?

Thanks

Open up iFile (or just SSH in) and navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/list and delete the bigboss entries, also check in /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and delete anything that has bigboss in the name. Open up Cydia, refresh all sources and you should be good to go. Either the release file was corrupted on your iDevice, or it was locked or whatev. I have had this happen to me before with other sources, this worked.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Open up iFile (or just SSH in) and navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/list and delete the bigboss entries, also check in /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and delete anything that has bigboss in the name. Open up Cydia, refresh all sources and you should be good to go. Either the release file was corrupted on your iDevice, or it was locked or whatev. I have had this happen to me before with other sources, this worked.
    Thanks, I'm going to try right now, I'll let you know.

Edit: It worked! You're a freaking genius, thank you so much.
    Last edited by emerica6708; 12-05-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks

lol no prob
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix