+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 3G & Jailbreaking

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have just bought an iPad 2 3G from someone on ebay, collected it and i'm happy with it. It came on 4.3.3 and jailbroken already but with all his
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 3G & Jailbreaking
    I have just bought an iPad 2 3G from someone on ebay, collected it and i'm happy with it.

It came on 4.3.3 and jailbroken already but with all his settings etc.

I want to update/restore it to factory settings and re-jailbreak it as it has some probelms with apps etc and cydia.

Cydia says SHSH: IOS 4.3.5

Can i update to 4.3.5 and jailbreak? If so how?
    If not then can i restore to 4.3.3 and jailbreak? If so how?

Have been reading up everywhere but i am seeing different stories and very confused. So came to the ask the best!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

If Cydia only has SHSH blobs for 4.3.5, you're out of luck. The only firmware version jailbroken on iPad 2 is 4.3.3. The only way to restore 4.3.3 and rejailbreak is with 4.3.3 SHSH blobs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can i not save my SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 since it is jailbroken on 4.3.3 and has cydia installed?

I have just used tinyumbrella to save my shsh blobs in 4.3.3 would this work?

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, Apple is no longer signing 4.3.3, so there is no way to obtain the SHSH blobs for 4.3.3

Umbrella does not create the blobs, it simply asks Apple servers (or Cydia's) for the blobs.

Since your Cydia is reporting it has blobs for 4.3.5 only, you are out of luck. Coincidentally, I bought a new iPad 2 a couple of months back, and it came with 4.3.3, and apple was only signing 4.3.5, so I was in the same boat.

Cheers

Art

Thanks

you can try ifaith it creates an ipsw with the shsh built in works for iphone4 on 4.3.3 donno if works on ipad2 firmware

Thanks

IFaith doesn't work with the iPad 2 so you're out of luck, even if you had blobs for 4.3.3 you couldn't do anything since you have a 3G iPad. The baseband messes everything up when trying to restore to an older firmware on a 3G iPad 2. Sorry buddy, iOS 5 untether shouldn't be to much longer for a release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ah well, thanks for that. Just waiting in anticipation for this ios5 jailbreak as i have an iphone 4s waiting too!

Thanks

Yea me too, want to be able to text from my iPad and still have my jailbreak.