Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got iPad 2 iOS 5, downgrade to 4.3.3 to jailbreak?

Default Got iPad 2 iOS 5, downgrade to 4.3.3 to jailbreak?
    I got iPad 2 updated to iOS 5, without jailbreak, and I heard that the jailbreak for iOS 5 on iPad 2 will be ready soon.

What you guys think, I should wait for it, or I should downgrade to iOS 4.3.3 to do the jailbreak? Comparing the new features of iOS 5 and the features you can get with jailbreak, what you guys think?

Thanks for the help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,757 Times in 2,646 Posts

If and only if you have 4.3.3 blob saved and wifi model only for IPAD2.

yes,only if ipad2 wifi only.last week i accidentally tick the update version in itunes.it became IOS 5 version and i using my 4.3.3 shsh file to downgrade back to 4.3.3

Thanks
    I would definitely downgrade and jailbreak. I had to do the same thing yesterday. Plus I've heard ios5 is awful on the iPad 2...

I downgrade mine to 4.3.3 from 5.0 after 1 hour using. I rather use 4.3.3 with jailbreak. I use pwntunes, ifile, safari upload enabler and many more cydia apps.

Hi everyone,
    and if i have an Ipad2 3G+Wi-Fi... i can try to downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.3.3 or i don't have hope ??

Thx in advanced

Quote Originally Posted by extremeg View Post
    Hi everyone,
    and if i have an Ipad2 3G+Wi-Fi... i can try to downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.3.3 or i don't have hope ??

Thx in advanced
    You are out of luck. Wifi+3G iPad2 can not be downgraded, even with SHSH blobs. You are stuck at 5.0.1, and all you can do is hope that a jailbreak comes out for 5.0.1 or above.

I updated my ipad2 to 5.0.0 knowing the stakes (that it could not be downgraded to 4.3.3). I always tell people to the carefully before they upgrade. I gambled that a jailbreak would be found for 5.0.0 and so far it seems there will be one eventually.

A lot of people that did not upgrade to 5.0 are now stuck at 4.3.3 if they want to jailbreak.

Damned if you do, damned if ou don't.....

Art
    Last edited by artbatista; 11-18-2011 at 05:11 PM.

How does one know if the have the 4.3.3 blobs?
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    iPad2 64gb wi-fi
    iPad1 64gb/3G/wi-fi

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Download tiny umbrella and check