+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unjailbreak Ipad firmware version 4.2.1/jailbroke using redsnow 0.9.64b

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey guys, I need some serious help!!!! I jailbroke my ipad about a year ago using redsnow 0.9.64b. I want to completely remove the jail break and update it to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unjailbreak Ipad firmware version 4.2.1/jailbroke using redsnow 0.9.64b
    Hey guys,

I need some serious help!!!! I jailbroke my ipad about a year ago using redsnow 0.9.64b. I want to completely remove the jail break and update it to the new ios5. (i want the ipad to be like it was when i bought it) Only problem is when i go to update the ipad it gives me an error message 3194 in itunes. I used tiny umbrella and unchecked the box in tiny umbrella which says "set hosts to cydia on exit (if you need a clean restore from apple uncheck this box). Problem is it still shows the error 3194 when i try to update the ipad. Any idea how to get around this, thanks in advance guys.....hope ya can help with this.

Thanks

Try restoring with a different computer, or try a DFU/Recovery mode restore. Also try a Pwned DFU mode restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Reply
    Can you explain exactly how to a pwned dfu restore?

Thanks

Make sure your device is connected to the computer, then continue below.
    1. Download iReb from iH8sn0w.com
    2. Turn off your device.
    3. Make sure the screen is completely blank, then hold the lock button for 2 seconds.
    4. Keep holding the lock button, then hold the home button at the same time until roughly 1 or 2 seconds after the screen goes blank, then release the lock button and keep holding the home button.
    5. Release the home button when your computer recognizes the device, or until iReb does.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azwildcats13 View Post
    Hey guys,

I need some serious help!!!! I jailbroke my ipad about a year ago using redsnow 0.9.64b. I want to completely remove the jail break and update it to the new ios5. (i want the ipad to be like it was when i bought it) Only problem is when i go to update the ipad it gives me an error message 3194 in itunes. I used tiny umbrella and unchecked the box in tiny umbrella which says "set hosts to cydia on exit (if you need a clean restore from apple uncheck this box). Problem is it still shows the error 3194 when i try to update the ipad. Any idea how to get around this, thanks in advance guys.....hope ya can help with this.
    Error 3194 is about your hosts file, you need to open up your computers host file and delete every line that has gs.apple.com on it. That should fix it, I guess TinyUmbrella didn't delete them for some reason.