+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 WiFi - Best Method For Clean Build

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey All - I've got an iPad 2 WiFi 32G with 4.3.3 installed which I jailbroke long ago. With all my iDevices, I will wipe them, reinstall IOS, rejailbreak, set
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 WiFi - Best Method For Clean Build
    Hey All -

I've got an iPad 2 WiFi 32G with 4.3.3 installed which I jailbroke long ago. With all my iDevices, I will wipe them, reinstall IOS, rejailbreak, set up as new in iTunes, and set everything up from scratch again about once every two months.

'd love to be able to do this with my iPad 2 as I've never been able to, but don't think I can with the usual method. The reason being is that I only have the SHSH on it for 4.3.5+. The first thing i did when buying it was to try to dump them, but 4.3.5 was already out and too late.

So... Besides literally uninstalling every app on it and removing each package from Cydia - do I have any other options to perform this clean reinstall?

I realize that the 5.0 JB may eventually come out, but still wanted to ask. I've tried every SHSH app I could find, but even the ones which would allow you to save the device's local SHSH woudln't work with iPad 2.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - Thanks!

Thanks

There isn't any way other than manually doing it if you don't want to upgrade to 5.0. Sounds like you know your stuff but just in case, don't "reset all settings and data" in the settings.app or you'll screw your jailbreak. You could delete everything manually, wouldn't be that bad with CyDelete from Cydia, then go into settings and "reset settings" that'll get it about as clean as I know how with out restoring.