Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Same or different exploit ?

Default Same or different exploit ?
    So I'm guessing you all saw the demo musclenerd posted about jailbreaking his Ipad2 and Iphone 4s. My question is did he use the same exploit as same one as the one the chronic Dev-Team found or is a different one ?

Thank You

I don't think anyone on these forums could answer that definitively, sorry
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

^ I just thought that it had already been stated somewhere. Thank You anyway

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

It is not going to be bootrom exploit and can be patched by Apple 's update.
    Possible one of the five exploits found.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    It is not going to be bootrom exploit and can be patched by Apple 's update.
    Possible one of the five exploits found.
    Does it always take this long to find a bottom exploit on a new processor? I know the 4S is new but the A5 has been out a while in the iPad 2. Im just wondering if the A5 is very secure or if this is normal.

Bootrom exploit has nothing to do with the processor, it's an iOS exploit I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    Bootrom exploit has nothing to do with the processor, it's an iOS exploit I believe.
    I'm pretty sure a bottom exploit has to do with the processor, or at least hardware related because a bootrom exploit can't be patched by software updates. User land exploits on the other hand can be patched easily with a software update. Jailbreakme.com was a user land exploit, that's why it was patched after a week, but the limera1n exploit is a bootrom exploit and that's why all iphone 4s will always have a tethered jailbreak. When the A5 came out the limera1n exploit was patched, that's why it's taking so long for a new iPad 2 jailbreak and a iPhone 4S jailbreak.