+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad 1 running on 3.2 stuck on apple log with spin wheel

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I had an issue on safari with something being populated on the upper right hand side of each new page/screen I open. I decided to reset content and settings. Well,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipad 1 running on 3.2 stuck on apple log with spin wheel
    I had an issue on safari with something being populated on the upper right hand side of each new page/screen I open. I decided to reset content and settings. Well, guess what, the Ipad 1 is now stuck on the Apple Logo with the spinning wheel on it. I can put the Ipad on restore mode but that is about it.

How can I get the Ipad go back to springboard? I sure do not want to upgrade to IOS % with a tethered jailbreak if I can avoid it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, my shsh blobs are saved on 4.2.1 and 5.

Thanks

Never reset all data and settings if you are jailbroken, it "erased" the stuff that makes the jailbreak work. The only thing you can do is restore at this point. Since you have 4.2.1 blobs saved that shouldn't be problem, then re-jailbreak. I believe that's a supported firmware to jailbreak on the 1st gen iPad. In the future if you feel the need to reset your iPad just reset the settings, not that data, at least if you're jailbroken.

Thanks

I don't know why the Dev Team and others do not put out a warning advising against this. This is not new in 3.x or 4.x, if you reset all content and settings using Settings.app General > Resets, then you will have a SWOD, guaranteed.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I don't know why the Dev Team and others do not put out a warning advising against this. This is not new in 3.x or 4.x, if you reset all content and settings using Settings.app General > Resets, then you will have a SWOD, guaranteed.
    I've wondered that too, I learned the hard way a long time ago, I think they should make it so when you hit reset all data and settings it just won't do anything. Like null out the all the reset buttons, that would solve a lot of issues.

What's SWOD mean?

Thanks

^ Im guessing SWOD = spinning wheel of death ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    ^ Im guessing SWOD = spinning wheel of death ?
    Ahh, I bet you're right, shouldn't of known that one. Thanks