+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad buying jailbroken apps by itself?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
One of my friends has a jailbroken iPad and it's happened two times where iTunes has billed him for apps that he had of Cydia.. Anyone know about this ?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad buying jailbroken apps by itself?
    One of my friends has a jailbroken iPad and it's happened two times where iTunes has billed him for apps that he had of Cydia.. Anyone know about this ? How is this happening, and how can you prevent your iPad sneaking online to buy apps ?? Any Ideas...? HELP!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikemix View Post
    One of my friends has a jailbroken iPad and it's happened two times where iTunes has billed him for apps that he had of Cydia.. Anyone know about this ? How is this happening, and how can you prevent your iPad sneaking online to buy apps ?? Any Ideas...? HELP!!
    Uh, what?
    Can you tell us which apps these were?

iPads don't normally sneak online to buy apps.
    also: 3G or WiFi?

Thanks

I don't understand how iTunes could bill you for a Cydia app, iTunes doesn't sell Cydia apps.

Perhaps iSkynet finally went online...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Pirated apps? When you have these and sync with iTunes, it wants you to buy them. Maybe you need to check your setting on how apps are purchased... I dono

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anything in the settings that will make you ask for a password before purchasing NO MATTER WHAT ? I know I have to enter a password if I D/L something from the App store, but if I D/L a second item, i can't recall if it asks for the password again? It's weird cuz he even changed the itunes password and then it happened the 2nd time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikemix View Post
    Is there anything in the settings that will make you ask for a password before purchasing NO MATTER WHAT ? I know I have to enter a password if I D/L something from the App store, but if I D/L a second item, i can't recall if it asks for the password again? It's weird cuz he even changed the itunes password and then it happened the 2nd time.
    Oh, so your friend is using a Cydia app to download free AppStore apps, and iTunes keeps making him pay for their products after he's taken them for free without their permission?

There's a fix for that.

Quit stealing. You will probably won't get any help on these forums, if it pertains to stealing copy written works that developers bust *** to create.

If you can't afford apps, you don't need an iPad, you need a real job. hopefully, he can't stop it, and Apple gets him for every app he's stolen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Beastly L92 For This Useful Post:

raduga (10-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Oh, so your friend is using a Cydia app to download free AppStore apps, and iTunes keeps making him pay for their products after he's taken them for free without their permission?

There's a fix for that.

Quit stealing. You will probably won't get any help on these forums, if it pertains to stealing copy written works that developers bust *** to create.

If you can't afford apps, you don't need an iPad, you need a real job. hopefully, he can't stop it, and Apple gets him for every app he's stolen.
    Where did you get that idea, he said nothing about stealing apps or getting them free another way, the only thing he talked about was iTunes and you don't have to enter a password to download apps for "free" from other apps. I agree with your opinion about stealing apps but you need to calm down and stop accusing people for something you don't know they did.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    Where did you get that idea, he said nothing about stealing apps or getting them free another way, the only thing he talked about was iTunes and you don't have to enter a password to download apps for "free" from other apps. I agree with your opinion about stealing apps but you need to calm down and stop accusing people for something you don't know they did.
    Oh. He must have acquired AppStore apps through Cydia through legitimate means?

False.

Thanks

Oh. He must have acquired AppStore apps through Cydia through legitimate means?

False.
    Cydia doesn't, or anything you get with Cydia that can download them for free doesn't require a password, for anything. It's clear he's talking about purchasing from iTunes or the AppStore, I still don't know what he was talking about Cydia in the first post for though. I'm not gonna argue, don't care about it honestly, there are just so many people that flame for the most ridiculous things on this forum, you included, I thought I'd say something.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

This doesn't make any sense. Cydia sells tweaks and apps that aren't even available on the Apple App Store. Can you screenshot a copy the bill? (Blur out the confidential data.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. Cydia sells tweaks and apps that aren't even available on the Apple App Store. Can you screenshot a copy the bill? (Blur out the confidential data.)
    Thank you, I got caught up in an argument and forgot about the OP, lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    Cydia doesn't, or anything you get with Cydia that can download them for free doesn't require a password, for anything. It's clear he's talking about purchasing from iTunes or the AppStore, I still don't know what he was talking about Cydia in the first post for though. I'm not gonna argue, don't care about it honestly, there are just so many people that flame for the most ridiculous things on this forum, you included, I thought I'd say something.
    C'mon, bro.

Apps from Cydia aren't in the AppStore. Herp. iTunes is charging
    him. Derp. So, if iTunes is charging him for apps, the logical conclusion would be that he's getting apps from in*****ous, and that he isn't differentiating Cydia from said pirating app, a common confusion for those not well versed in jailbreakery.

As far as passwords go, he's trying to find a way to use a password to lockout iTunes, which isn't possible.

I think what's happening is he's getting certain apps with anti-piracy coding. Once the cracked app is installed and launched, iTunes charges.

The way around it is to buy apps legit, or get lucky and don't steal apps with anti-piracy measures.

Or, iTunes charged him for MyWi...

Thanks

I interpreted it differently, doesn't matter anyway, I don't think he's even checking this thread cause he hasn't said anything since the first two posts.

Thanks

Or, iTunes charged him for MyWi...
    The only logical conclusion.