+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPad 2 4.3.3 stuck on a reboot loop

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey all, so I have a jailbroken iPad 2 running on 4.3.3 I don't know why but I decided to download bitesms on it and when I dl it it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken iPad 2 4.3.3 stuck on a reboot loop
    Hey all, so I have a jailbroken iPad 2 running on 4.3.3 I don't know why but I decided to download bitesms on it and when I dl it it sent my iPad into like an endless reboot loop. Everytime I try to go on any app it would restart. Now I made the mistake of not saving the shsh blob so I'm sure there's not much I can do. But I want to be totally sure before I have to upgrade my iOS. So my question is is there anyway I can restore my ipad back to its original settings before bitesms crashed my iPad? I have a back up on my computer before everything as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Try downloading tinyumbrella and when the iPad comes on click save shsh and that should do the trick

Thanks

Download 4.3.3 Firmware.i have this experince last saturday.maybe you can refer my other post at here.

Thanks

If you don't have blobs for 4.3.3 you can't restore, sounds like you know that already though. If you have openSSH installed you can use your computer and SSh into the iPad and delete biteSMS, if biteSMS is whats causing the problem that should fix it. If you don't have openSSh installed then try iFunbox or iPhone explorer, they both allow you to access the iPad file system on your computer with out having to have any extra software installed on the iPad/iPhone, you just plug your iPad into your computer and it'll connect.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iFunBox! Plug in the iPad 2 to the PC iFunBox will allow you to browse the file system, you can delete the bad app and reboot! Don't restore!!

Thanks

What mean don't restore?
    Last edited by kschong710; 10-20-2011 at 06:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can restore if you have the 4.3.3 blobs otherwise you're going to IOS5 and you lose all Jailbreak capabilities until a solution is released. if you installed a bad app, you can delete it and boot the iPad 2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read somewhere that I can dl iPhone explorer and delete bitesms but when I did so nothing happened its in the same state. I also tried saving the blob and restoring it but I got an error code. I'll probably try again but I'm still a noob at this.

Thanks

You can't save the blob for 4.3.3 anymore, apple isn't signing that firmware anymore. If you uninstalled biteSMS with iPhone explorer and it's still messed up then biteSMS probably isn't what caused it, try to think of anything else you installed that day and uninstall it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was under the belief that if you were JB and had opened Cydia it would save your SHSH automagically. Problem is that if you are stuck in a loop you cannot check that out. You could try using TinyUmbrella pointed at Cydia for your 4.3.3 blobs and see if it works, worth a punt IMHO.
    Of course, you would have had to have been on 4.3.3 when Apple was still signing that firmware at the time. If you bought an old piece of stock and the firmware was already 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 at that time you won't have 4.3.3 saved (if that makes any sense).