Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I upgrade to ios5 & downgrade?

Default Should I upgrade to ios5 & downgrade?
    Hi everyone

Should I upgrade to ios5 and loose my jb?

And at this point is it possible to downgrade Back to 4.2 if I have my shsh backed up?

Tnx

Only you know if you need the jailbreak or not, but if your have a wifi only iPad then it's possible to downgrade with blobs saved. If apple is still signing 4.3.5 then you should be able to downgrade to 4.2 with blobs.

I really wud like to upgrade but want to make sure I can downgrade and if some one has done it successfully. Cheers

I see, personally haven't done it but I've known people that did it successfully. Hopefully it won't be very long until we have an iPad 2 jailbreak for iOS 5.

hi, i succes have done 3 time succes to upgrade and downgrade my ipad 2 (wifi) but only in 4.3.5 to 4.3.3
    as long you have shsh.

A few days ago i've update my ios 4.3.3 to ios5. Just want to know how its look like. Great interface n great new notification but, i really loved my last tweak i did on my ios4.3.3 with untethered jailbreak. So then I downgrade it back to ios 4.3.3 due to ios5 dont have untethered jailbreak. You can use this tutorial :

http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-...w-to-tutorial/

Awesome. Thanks everyone