Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 1 Gestures and Display Mirroring Without Jailbreak

Reading from the comments, this seems like this is a fake Jailbreak. It does the jailbreak, but does not install Cydia. I wouldn't like to plug in the USB and click on "Just Boot Tethered" everytime..
    Or as PhilCollins said, Safari crashes and iBooks won't work..

Default To Aanglix3
    I don't know if this is a fake jailbreak or not. I've never jailbroken anything before and I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if this mod only changes/adds that parameter or not.

What I do know, however, is that, although I was a little afraid of the possibility that I might do something irrecoverable, I just plunged, and did it more than a week ago. And, apart from enjoying gestures again, I've haven't had any problem whatsoever with Safari or iBooks.

Well, yes, only one problem, but I don't know if it's attributable to this mod. Safari tends to crash when I try to open about five or six tabs. That's all. And I really don't need to open so many tab at the same time!

Well, Apple has finally come to their senses and returned the multitasking gestures to iOS 5.01. I would like to update to receive the security fixes, but I don't want to lose the mirroring function. Any idea if this would work on 5.01?

Does this work with 4.2.1?

Hey,

First...Thank you so much for your efforts....gestures and mirroring were really a big use for me!

However, now that I have updated to iOS 5.0.1, and gestures are now supported by Apple, mirroring has sadly disappeared!

Tried to redo the RedSn0w ramdisk hack...didn't work, since this is a new build

Can you please make a new RedSn0w ramdisk that re-enables mirroring? I would be very thankful

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeyad View Post
    Hey,

First...Thank you so much for your efforts....gestures and mirroring were really a big use for me!

However, now that I have updated to iOS 5.0.1, and gestures are now supported by Apple, mirroring has sadly disappeared!

Tried to redo the RedSn0w ramdisk hack...didn't work, since this is a new build

Can you please make a new RedSn0w ramdisk that re-enables mirroring? I would be very thankful

Thanks in advance!
    I can't update my ipad to 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by mrvodka View Post
    I can't update my ipad to 5.0.1
    Sadly, I tried to update my iPad Over The Air (OTA), and it didn't work.

and that's because the device was actually kind of jailbroken...so you need go to back to iTunes and update from there

Quote Originally Posted by Xeyad View Post
    Sadly, I tried to update my iPad Over The Air (OTA), and it didn't work.

and that's because the device was actually kind of jailbroken...so you need go to back to iTunes and update from there
    I knew it. Thanks god my brain told me NOT to trust Posts without getting a reply if this will still jailbreak the device or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aangiix3 View Post
    I knew it. Thanks god my brain told me NOT to trust Posts without getting a reply if this will still jailbreak the device or not.
    well for me personally...I just want mirroring back!

I was almost using this feature daily after I got it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Display mirroring for iPad 1 on 5.0.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by d.B. View Post
    I decided to modify the redsn0w ramdisk, replacing the jailbreak executable with a small program the purpose of which is to enable gestures and display mirroring only.

I am sure I'm not the only one who would like gestures enabled without being stuck with a tethered jailbreak.

In any case, here is the code I've written along with the compiled binary, packaged in the usual redsn0w ramdisk. Note that this is for OS X only until redsn0w 0.9.9b5 is released for Windows.

Here is the ramdisk with the modified jailbreak executable:
    gestures-ramdisk.tar | localhostr.com

Here is the full redsn0w application with the modified ramdisk (OS X only):
    redsn0w_mac_0.9.9b5_gestures_only.zip | localhostr.com

Update: Windows version posted
    d.B. any chance you could do your magic to enable display mirroring on iPad 1 with 5.0.1? I certainly enjoyed enabling gestures and mirroring with 5.0 without jailbreaking! Thanks in advance.

And by the way, is there any chance to modify the K48AP.plist in order to be able to install iMovie on the original iPad? I don't know exactly which line should be added or modified, but I've found a post with a custom K48AP.plist file, the modder said that this file would have *also* let iMovie be installed on iPad1. That would be awesome... display mirroring and iMovie...
    If needed I could post the .plist file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mc9625 View Post
    And by the way, is there any chance to modify the K48AP.plist in order to be able to install iMovie on the original iPad? I don't know exactly which line should be added or modified, but I've found a post with a custom K48AP.plist file, the modder said that this file would have *also* let iMovie be installed on iPad1. That would be awesome... display mirroring and iMovie...
    If needed I could post the .plist file.

Thanks
    Changing the K48AP.plist file in a non-jailbroken state is not possible. I tried to do it using iDOS, but no use. After all, that is what jailbreaking is for.

As for iMovie, you can force the iPad to install with iPhone Utility Tools. Here's a tutorial: Installing iMovie on iPad 1: How To - YouTube

Will this display mirror hack be updated for the new untether jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by display View Post
    will this display mirror hack be updated for the new untether jailbreak for ios 5.0.1? Thanks!

bump!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by display View Post
    Will this display mirror hack be updated for the new untether jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1? Thanks!
    After my iPad enters DFU mode, redsn0w tells me I have an UNrecognized build. I have iOS 5.0.1 so what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by drthomasho; 01-21-2012 at 03:33 PM.

You don't have enough posts for anyone to care enough to reply. Sorry.

Is there anyway to get mirroring to work after I've updated to 5.0.1?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234