Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 1 Gestures and Display Mirroring Without Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by d.B. View Post
    I believe it is wired only, although I have not tested mirroring.
    Actually, I just ran this on my iPad & tested mirroring and it works great wirelessly. Watching a movie from my videos app.

Quote Originally Posted by cue180 View Post
    Actually, I just ran this on my iPad & tested mirroring and it works great wirelessly. Watching a movie from my videos app.
    Maybe you could give any detail as to why yours would work and mine does not for AirPlay mirror. I have the gestures now, but when I go to select AirPlay device to my appleTV it does not give me a mirror option. Is there some other settings to check?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon5 View Post
    Maybe you could give any detail as to why yours would work and mine does not for AirPlay mirror. I have the gestures now, but when I go to select AirPlay device to my appleTV it does not give me a mirror option. Is there some other settings to check?
    I'm having the same issue.. gestures work, but no wireless mirroring.. :-?

Just tested wired mirroring, which does seem to work..

Update: wired mirroring stopped working after a minute or two..
    Last edited by reltubjp; 10-20-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Same here. Gestures work. But no AirPlay mirroring. Button show apple tv but no mirror switch. Apple tv running 4.4. Wonder if you need airport router. Maybe some setting on my linksys is preventing it.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by csddavies View Post
    Same here. Gestures work. But no AirPlay mirroring. Button show apple tv but no mirror switch. Apple tv running 4.4. Wonder if you need airport router. Maybe some setting on my linksys is preventing it.

Doug
    just joined to chime in on this... gestures also work fine for me, but no airplay video mirroring. i don't think it's a router issue - i can mirror via Air Video Server just fine through my netgear. i tried a few games, and the audio streams, but not video... i don't have a cable to test if the video will mirror via wired connection (i think that kinda defeats the purpose anyway).

There is a windows version of Redsn0w. Version 0.9.9b6

Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

Maybe you can make a windows version also?

( i also not having a mac)

nice job!
    a windows version of Redsn0w. 0.9.9b6 comes
    could you make a windows version also?

Default Gestures are back and I'll stay with my iPad and Apple
    While I admit I had to go to the google page to put iPad into DFU, once I did that just as advertised. Sit back and be patient, when your device finally boots up and you swipe from the lock screen settings were already set for me to enable gestures (switched on!).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I can't add much more to the chagrin of all of that used gestures in development mode for months and had it taken away, it's been said and the sentiments are all good from the subtle to the downright nasty. Apple's, quiet non-response does hurt its image for me. They always responded to customer concerns with at least a reason. I submitted a hardware problem to their support site over four days ago and have yet to get any response. Reading Steve Jobs' biography and finding he was primarily motivated by end users and litterly fought for them, may have him rolling in his grave, this happening within a week of his passing.

I hope this is not a glimpse of the new Apple w/o Jobs. If so, they are stubbing their collective toes and will become just another company. This will leave a big void to fill, but in this world, it will be filled by something else that's not Apple. I truly hope not, but it will happen if the new Apple is what I hope it's not.

Most importantly is for me to write again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Larry

Thank you very much for doing what you did. I have been so wanting an iPad 2 since Apple crippled the iPad 1. However I'm a windows user and cannot benefit from this fix. If you can modify the redsnow jailbreak for Windows, I and many others would be grateful.

In regards to Windows users, I found this forum thru:

How to Enable Multitasking Gestures and Display Mirroring on the iPad 1 (Without Jailbreaking)

Hopefully this helps. Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by scopeguy45 View Post
    In regards to Windows users, I found this forum thru:

How to Enable Multitasking Gestures and Display Mirroring on the iPad 1 (Without Jailbreaking)

Hopefully this helps. Best regards.
    I wish it did. But this only worked for iOS 4.3.x

Default breaks iMessage and picture sharing
    I think this broke iMessage and Picture Sharing on iCloud. Anyone else have the same problem or a solution?

I got a "failed" message while redsn0w was executing. Anything I can do to help it install? I'm desperate to have my gestures back.

PS - I previously jailbroke my iPad, then loaded an OS upgrade and unbroke it many many months ago - could that be an issue?

Thank you SO MUCH! I had multitasking gestures enabled in iOS4 on iPad1 and have missed them since iOS5. Thanks again!!

Same issue for me. Gestures works fine, but no Airplay mirroring. Anyone have a fix for this?

Default works for me
    Quote Originally Posted by darstar View Post
    I think this broke iMessage and Picture Sharing on iCloud. Anyone else have the same problem or a solution?
    i don't seem to have that problem, PhotoStream works fine. Testing iMessage now.
    I got the multi-gestures but no airplay mirroring. Regular video airplay still works fine, but not mirroring.

Thank You!

Default Got gestures back now!
    Quote Originally Posted by linrey View Post
    I got a "failed" message while redsn0w was executing. Anything I can do to help it install? I'm desperate to have my gestures back.

PS - I previously jailbroke my iPad, then loaded an OS upgrade and unbroke it many many months ago - could that be an issue?
    UPDATE: my iPad was in RECOVER MODE and I didn't know it. Found a youtube video showing how to fix that, and the next try worked. I'm soooooo very happy! Gestures were embedded in my interactions with my iPad and I felt crippled without them.

First, I want to say THANK YOU. Second, I know this will work over AirPlay on an Apple TV, but will the mirroring work if I purchase the proper cable and use and HDMI cable?? Before buying the 40 dollar cable, I just wanted to make sure it will work.
    thank you

Question Field Test mode
    The gestures worked really well for me, however I found out that I could swipe all the way to a "Field test" mode. The mode is inescapable unless you hold the power and home buttons for 5 seconds. Can anyone help by telling me why the mode appears.

Ipad 1st gen, WIFI 16GB

Default Windows Version Available
    If you are on windows, REJOICE! There is now a redsnow mod for Windows! I just put it on my iPad! I am in tactile Shang-ri-la! Thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast