+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need a little help.

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Not sure if this is the right place, I looked around for a while before stopping. I have an iPad1 and I had iOS 4.3.3 on it. One day I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I need a little help.
    Not sure if this is the right place, I looked around for a while before stopping. I have an iPad1 and I had iOS 4.3.3 on it. One day I wasn't able to use the internet anymore or restore it or anything of the sort, so I tried getting a new sim card, which didn't help. I used tinyumbrella to restore it and it went all glitchy and stopped turning on and then i used fix recovery and iREB to try to fix it and all i got were errors and now my iPad is at a permanent black screen and itunes thinks of it as a device in recovery mode. It won't restore at all, I've even tried updating it to the newest software. If this is the wrong place, will you direct me to the right place. Thanks for your time.

Thanks

What do you mean when you say that you used TU to restore your iPad? Were you using it to restore to 4.3.3? And what's this about the internet? Have you tried putting it in DFU mode?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was trying to restore it to 4.3.3 because iTunes wouldn't let me. I got the jailbreak error where itunes won't let you use the internet or update the ipad.

Thanks

Apple is not signing the 4.3.3 firmware anymore, that's why you're getting the error for the itunes. If you want to restore your ipad to 4.3.3 firmware. Try using tiny umbrella. And also make sure you have the blobs saved. If you do not have the blobs or SHSH, then the only option is to go for ios5.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penanot View Post
    Apple is not signing the 4.3.3 firmware anymore, that's why you're getting the error for the itunes. If you want to restore your ipad to 4.3.3 firmware. Try using tiny umbrella. And also make sure you have the blobs saved. If you do not have the blobs or SHSH, then the only option is to go for ios5.
    I've tried tiny umbrella and i don't think i had the blobs saved and i've also tried upgrading to the newest.

Thanks

There is no Jailbreak error, what issue are you having when trying to upgrade?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    There is no Jailbreak error, what issue are you having when trying to upgrade?
    It says its restoring and the bar even shows progress on itunes and the ipad but when its done it just is black screen stuck.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You need to put the device in dfu mode, then restore to ios 5 from there to fix it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's stuck in DFU mode and its unable to update.