+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad2 - iOS4.3.3 - TODAYS mobilesubstrate update -> issue!!!!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
hi there i bought my gf an ipad2 (she already had an iphone4 i had gotten her, also on 4.3.3, jailbroken). It came with 4.3.3, so i used jailbreakme.com for
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ipad2 - iOS4.3.3 - TODAYS mobilesubstrate update -> issue!!!!
    hi there

i bought my gf an ipad2 (she already had an iphone4 i had gotten her, also on 4.3.3, jailbroken).

It came with 4.3.3, so i used jailbreakme.com for the jailbreak, and she was happy.

Today she was installing cydia updates (one by one, not with the update all button), and there were updates for:

libhide, some other stuff i don't remember, and mobilesubstrate.

upon restarting (or respringing) after installing mobilesubstrate (it was not the last of the list), now the ipad shows the icons in a weird matrix, it has no digital photo frame option, and it seems to think its an IPHONE since the keyboard is ultra small, and apps seem to start in iphone UI, but instantly crash and reboot the device.

SBSettings seems to work, but pushing power darkens the screen and no options appear (i guess they appear "outside the screen") and i cant do anything besides rebooting the device by holding power+home

i bet that getting into safemode would get us out of this trouble, but since sbsettings wont work, and no app/settings app works, unless there is another way for getting into safemode, im out of ideas.

im now downloading iOS4.3.3, and cydia had saved my blobs, but i never had to restore an iOS device using them.

So... is she screwed? or is there some magical combination to go to safe mode ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ipad2 - iOS4.3.3 - TODAYS mobilesubstrate update -> issue!!!!-20111014_215706.jpg  

Thanks

ME too, my ipad 2 4.3.3 alway reboot...it make me confuse...dun know what to do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    hi there

i bought my gf an ipad2 (she already had an iphone4 i had gotten her, also on 4.3.3, jailbroken).

It came with 4.3.3, so i used jailbreakme.com for the jailbreak, and she was happy.

Today she was installing cydia updates (one by one, not with the update all button), and there were updates for:

libhide, some other stuff i don't remember, and mobilesubstrate.

upon restarting (or respringing) after installing mobilesubstrate (it was not the last of the list), now the ipad shows the icons in a weird matrix, it has no digital photo frame option, and it seems to think its an IPHONE since the keyboard is ultra small, and apps seem to start in iphone UI, but instantly crash and reboot the device.

SBSettings seems to work, but pushing power darkens the screen and no options appear (i guess they appear "outside the screen") and i cant do anything besides rebooting the device by holding power+home

i bet that getting into safemode would get us out of this trouble, but since sbsettings wont work, and no app/settings app works, unless there is another way for getting into safemode, im out of ideas.

im now downloading iOS4.3.3, and cydia had saved my blobs, but i never had to restore an iOS device using them.

I know of someone this happened to, iPad thinking it was an iPhone, they fixed it by uninstalling Notifier Pro from Cydia. If she has that installed uninstall it and hopefully it will fix it. It could be worse, at least you have blobs if you have to restore, hope it fixes it.

Thanks

Lucky I can restore back to 4.3.3 now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Exact same problem!!
    I have the exact same problem yesterday hope there is a solution so we dont have to restore and rejail the do all over again. Please Help US!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem and had to upgrade tp iOS 5. Hoping a jailbreak is soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    hi there

Why don't you restore with your 4.3.3 blob, do it while apple is still signing IOS 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Why don't you restore with your 4.3.3 blob, do it while apple is still signing IOS 4
    Once Apple stops signing 4.3.5 will you not be able to restore to 4.3.3 with blobs? I want to do a clean restore and jailbreak on my iPad 2, it's been a little slow lately, so should I do that while they're signing 4.3.5 or does it matter sign I have blobs?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    Once Apple stops signing 4.3.5 will you not be able to restore to 4.3.3 with blobs? I want to do a clean restore and jailbreak on my iPad 2, it's been a little slow lately, so should I do that while they're signing 4.3.5 or does it matter sign I have blobs?
    If your iPad is only wifi, you can do it anytime but if you have 3G / CDMA model , you should do it now while this window is still open.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does apple still signing for 4.3.3?

I had my ipad 2 jailbroken with 4.3.3 firmware, but currently it stuck on recovery mode. And everytime opened up tinyumbrella doest seem have shsh saved. I was pretty sure cydia should have my shsh backed up. Any help?
    Last edited by kayleen; 10-16-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayleen View Post
    Does apple still signing for 4.3.3?

I had my ipad 2 jailbroken with 4.3.3 firmware, but currently it stuck on recovery mode. And everytime opened up tinyumbrella doest seem have shsh saved. I was pretty sure cydia should have my shsh backed up. Any help?
    Sorry, Apple is not signing 4.3.3.
    If you're stuck in recovery mode and can't locate any SHSH, your only options will be
    4.3.5 and 5.0 - neither of which have jailbreak at the present time.

Thanks

Try check ur shsh file it can be find if u have do shsh before.is better restore 4.3.3 than 4.3.5(oop...is gone) or IOS5. Hope u can find ur shsh file locate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If your iPad is only wifi, you can do it anytime but if you have 3G / CDMA model , you should do it now while this window is still open.
    Ok that's what I thought, I just know Apple is doing things different with iOS 5, didn't know how different though. Thanks.

Thanks

I had the ipsw fie for 4.3.3 and when I tried to restore iTunes said you can't restore using iTunes 10.5 with 4.3.3. Only 5.0. Not sure what to do.

Thanks

Try down load FW 4.3.3 using safari then make a folder.after that in iTunes restore it. I have try this yesterday,it done by restore back to 4.3.3 by using iTunes 10.5.

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by "Try down load FW 4.3.3 using safari then make a folder.after that in iTunes restore it."???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssemmel View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "Try down load FW 4.3.3 using safari then make a folder.after that in iTunes restore it."???
    What is your Firmware?

Thanks

i have a windows 7 computer and my ipad is now on 5.0 but I have the 4.3.3 ipsw file....

Thanks

I mean if your last version Firmware is 4.3.3 and have shsh,you can restore back to 4.3.3.Better don't upgrade to IOS 5 cause it no support JB yet.

Thanks

Unfortuately I had no choice but to upgrade to 5.0. My ipad was dead... kept rebooting. I couldn't get back to safemode. So now I am trying to go from 5 to 4.3.3. Each time I try to restore on itunes 10.5 I get the 3194 error....