+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad 2 16gb wifi 3g will not update from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 :( someone help plz

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Yet again, I am having issues with updating an apple device. Previously it was an iphone 4 and now it is an ipad 2. it was purchased used with 4.3.1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipad 2 16gb wifi 3g will not update from 4.3.1 to 4.3.3 :( someone help plz
    Yet again, I am having issues with updating an apple device. Previously it was an iphone 4 and now it is an ipad 2. it was purchased used with 4.3.1 and I would like to upgrade to 4.3.3. When I try this using tiny umbrella running it gets to the "preparing to restore screen " and then i get itunes error message 1601.

I tried using iReb (even though it doesn't support iPad 2) and then I get error message 1602.

PLZ CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

You cannot just restore to the firmware you want , you need to find out the blob you have before you restore.

Did you check with tiny umbrella to see if you have 4.3.3 blob ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

According to tiny umbrella there are no blobs and doesn't apppear to have been jailbroken before from what I have been told by the previous owner

Thanks

You can't restore to 4.3.3 without blobs, you will have to wait for the next jailbreak once iOS 5 is out. Sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh man. So there's no way of holding down shift and hitting update and trying to go up to 4.3.3?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Nope, there is no way but only to restore to 4.3.5 if you are stuck at recovery mode.

By the way, you are not the only one waiting , there are alot more people like you waiting for new jailbreak for IOS 5 when it is released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is not actually stuck in recovery mode. It is in full working order on 4.3.1 currently I just wanted to remove the previous persons data and apps etc and ppossibly jailbreak and unlock it since it is on the orange network. Is it possible to do this at all either on 4.3.3 or even on 4.3.1? Thanks for your help guys

Thanks

Nope, 4.3.3 is the only jailbreakable firmware for the iPad 2, if you just want to delete their stuff you can reset the iPad in the settings app, but if you restore in iTunes you'll have to restore to 4.3.5. Doesn't really matter either way since you can't get a jailbreak on either one. If it makes you fell any better, there is apparently already a jailbreak method for iOS 5 so after it is released publicly there shouldn't be that long of a wait until the jailbreak is released publicly. Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I did my research and just discovered that today. No worries thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated. Gonna just upgrade to 4.3.5 for the next few days til iOS 5 is out