Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [UK] LOVEFILM app DETECTS JAILBREAK

Exclamation [UK] LOVEFILM app DETECTS JAILBREAK
    New LoveFilm Player (UK's netflix) app is detecting jailbroken iPads just before playback of movies.

Very bad move from LoveFilm doing this, after customers are paying for this service.

If anyone knows how to skip this detection, please inform. Much appreciated.

Rumours say that detection is similar or maybe the same as TWcable app.

That's a shame, this LOVEFILM has no place to play moral police! Especially since most Jailbreakers are upstanding citizens who simply want more control over their iDevice. Sorry mate. I hope this is not becoming a trend. If so, I see an idea for a tweak
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Google it, the TWcable app detects jailbreak and won't let you use it, but I googled and found a download for a modified TWcable app that didn't detect it.

Default Think about this for more than 2 seconds
    Please think about why they would be doing this. Do you think they want to be playing moral police? Do you think they want to restrict their customers? My guess is that they do not but are being forced to by the movie studios. I would put money on the fact that if they did not do this you would have no app at all!

Quote Originally Posted by petejackson View Post
    Please think about why they would be doing this. Do you think they want to be playing moral police? Do you think they want to restrict their customers? My guess is that they do not but are being forced to by the movie studios. I would put money on the fact that if they did not do this you would have no app at all!
    ^
    Shill.

I would put money on that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by petejackson View Post
    I would put money on the fact that if they did not do this you would have no app at all!
    Looks like you'd be in the money I checked with LoveFilm and got this response :-

With regards to your query concerning using the LOVEFiLM streaming application on your jail broken Apple device, please be assured that it is not LOVEFiLM's intention to make any of our subscribers feel that they are being discriminated against.
    However, major film studios place requirements on us to ensure that their content is always kept secure. One of these requirements is that their content will not be allowed to be played on jailbroken devices, and unfortunately this decision is outside of our control.
    Last edited by sllewji; 10-12-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo

Same thing with my optimum cablevision app. They blocked it on jailbroken devices so people couldnt watch live tv outside their home thru vpn. Using 2 patches from cydia i patched the jailbreak detection and vpn detection and im watching tv in the airport! Theres always a patch somewhere, if i find it ill post it.