+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios5 jb exploits incl. iPad 2!!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Greenpois0n's comin through with userland jailbreak for iPad 2 in ios 5! Modmyi should have that news up already! Greenpois0n to Jailbreak iPhone 5 and iPad 2 [5 New Userland
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default ios5 jb exploits incl. iPad 2!!
    Greenpois0n's comin through with userland jailbreak for iPad 2 in ios 5! Modmyi should have that news up already!
    Greenpois0n to Jailbreak iPhone 5 and iPad 2 [5 New Userland Exploits Found] | iPhoneHeat

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

As userland exploits, they exist today in the betas. I prefer to wait until the released iOS 5.0 version. They may or may be fixed. Soon we'll know for sure

Thanks

as long as it doesn't leak, there's a big chance they won't be found until released. Then an ios update immediately. Now about IOS 5 and shsh blobs, once you install ios 5 will there be a way to downgrade? the blobs reset every time the device reboots so there will have to be another method?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iOS 5 is going to be more difficult. Our jb'ing team has shared some information, but hopefully very little -- no leaks means Apple may not know about it and block it.

Anything else is speculation. We'll know more when they tell us more

Follow this link and stay current: Dev-Team Blog

Thanks

Thanks Mes

Thanks

I was surprised to see that MMi did not cover like anything that was talked about at MyGreatFest, including ese five exploits that were mentioned! Instead, we are covering speculatory stories of when the iPhone5 will be announced? I can't wait for iOS5 to drop and for GP to PWN it! #GreenPois0n ftw!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks
    keeping my figures crossed ! cuz i need to jailbreak my new ipad 2 with 4.3.5

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jailbreak an iPad 2? With what?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I was surprised to see that MMi did not cover like anything that was talked about at MyGreatFest, including ese five exploits that were mentioned! Instead, we are covering speculatory stories of when the iPhone5 will be announced? I can't wait for iOS5 to drop and for GP to PWN it! #GreenPois0n ftw!
    Sort of same here. Maybe send a tip to the writters vie the tip email line with links to hear or read it.

If I could do it from work I probably would work on an article myself. But work blocks a ton of stuff and by the time I get home I get to involved in video games to remember to looks stuff up lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm adopting a wait and see attitude. Having gotten an iPad 2 3G that already had 4.3.5 on it, I'm functionally stuck for now.

What's burning me are two things: that Apple is taking such a hardline stance on the jailbreaking and that whenever there's been a jailbreak solution, it excludes the 3G models of the iPad 2. I'm hoping that iOS 5 will give me the JB back.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

@pdadoctor, so you have received your new iPad 2 with 4.3.5. Sorry to hear that, guess you have to wait for the new jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    @pdadoctor, so you have received your new iPad 2 with 4.3.5. Sorry to hear that, guess you have to wait for the new jailbreak.
    Yes it sucks. I won it, which was nice, but having tried on two separate occasions to exchange it always got me back to iOS 4.3.5, so I gave up.