+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Folders inside video playing apps ?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I want to put videos on my ipad, but the problem is that they are alot and i want to have folders, so what im asking if there is a
    Thanks

Default Folders inside video playing apps ?
    I want to put videos on my ipad, but the problem is that they are alot and i want to have folders, so what im asking if there is a jailbreak tweak or even an app from the app store like Oplayer or VLC that can help me both organize my videos in folders and play them ?

Thank You

Thanks

*cough*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

On the iPad? I'm not so sure. Where were you thinking to store these videos? The only thing I can think of is creating separate albums on the computer and syncing those folders/albums in iTunes therefore creating individual albums of videos withint the photos.app

Thanks

Well, I was hoping to store them in the video app, but found out that there is no way to create folders inside the video app. Now I'm trying ti find an app from the AppStore maybe that has the option the ability to create folders inside the app itself. I know this might sound a bit confusing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

I get what you're saying. I really haven't heard of anything like this, though it is a nice idea you have there. Personally I just do the iTunes sync thing, I create "Events" folders on my Mac and sync those folders to show up on my iPhone Photos app. It is a lot of extraneous work though, if you find something that suits what you're looking for though please let me know lol. I'd e interested in it as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Would PhotoAlbums+ help? Or is that for creating/editing photos only?

I'm quite interested in this too. However I'm increasingly relying on using Goodplayer/Oplayer and just started trialling 'AV Player HD' for video playback (as those 3 players support every format out there, negating the need for transcoding). Given most 3rd party video players support folder creation, you may be better off sticking to one of those.