+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook app warning, DO NOT UPGRADE if using facebreak

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
So there is a new fb update and I had the bad luck to hit "upgrade all" -as I had several apps in need for an upgrade; unfortunately I didn't
    Thanks

Default Facebook app warning, DO NOT UPGRADE if using facebreak
    So there is a new fb update and I had the bad luck to hit "upgrade all" -as I had several apps in need for an upgrade; unfortunately I didn't notice the fb app was among those updates. This update REMOVES the fb for iPad code from the app, making face break USELESS!

Now, I'm left to wonder if there is anyway to get the old code back in there? My iPhone is still running the old version. Does anyone know if it's possible to copy that code and paste it on the iPad?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think you mean the Faceforward app, not facebreak

PM me and I'll try and walk you through it...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-13-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks

Cool No worries buddy! You can get it back!!
    Quote Originally Posted by droop4 View Post
    So there is a new fb update and I had the bad luck to hit "upgrade all" -as I had several apps in need for an upgrade; unfortunately I didn't notice the fb app was among those updates. This update REMOVES the fb for iPad code from the app, making face break USELESS!

Now, I'm left to wonder if there is anyway to get the old code back in there? My iPhone is still running the old version. Does anyone know if it's possible to copy that code and paste it on the iPad?
    Pally. You don't need to worry. As long as your iPhone still has the app, delete the updated Facebook 3.5 from your iPad and as well from iTunes on your computer.
    Sync your iPhone with the computer and it will be copied from your iPhone to the computer.
    Make sure you uninstall face forward from your iPad and then sync it with your computer. In syncing, select the Facebook 3440.ipa which would have been copied from your phone.
    After you sync, reinstall faceforward on your iPad again.
    Please note that after you do this, do not sync your iPad with your computer. Please copy the Facebook 3440.ipa from iTunes and save a copy or several copies somewhere safe. The reason is after you install faceforward, it will interfere with the aps signature and change it to an iPad app and it will delete it from your iPhone when you next sync and if you accidentally upgrade, it wouldn't easily install on your iPad without using **********.
    You are still lucky. I spoke with chpwn and he mentioned that Facebook pulled the iPad code from the app and face forward has nothing to tweak. I confirmed this by checking the contents of the app.
    So try this solution and let me know if it works.
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kofster View Post
    Pally. You don't need to worry. As long as your iPhone still has the app, delete the updated Facebook 3.5 from your iPad and as well from iTunes on your computer.
    Sync your iPhone with the computer and it will be copied from your iPhone to the computer.
    Make sure you uninstall face forward from your iPad and then sync it with your computer. In syncing, select the Facebook 3440.ipa which would have been copied from your phone.
    After you sync, reinstall faceforward on your iPad again.
    Please note that after you do this, do not sync your iPad with your computer. Please copy the Facebook 3440.ipa from iTunes and save a copy or several copies somewhere safe. The reason is after you install faceforward, it will interfere with the aps signature and change it to an iPad app and it will delete it from your iPhone when you next sync and if you accidentally upgrade, it wouldn't easily install on your iPad without using **********.
    You are still lucky. I spoke with chpwn and he mentioned that Facebook pulled the iPad code from the app and face forward has nothing to tweak. I confirmed this by checking the contents of the app.
    So try this solution and let me know if it works.
    I am not sure that this will work because when you delete the app in iTunes it says that it will delete Facebook from all idevices synced. I did try to delete it from iTunes and loaded the 3.4.4 ipa from m0st Unique, but it will not load on the iPad 2, it keeps giving me an error, and I am afraid to plug in the wifes iPad 1 that has 3.4.4 with faceforward installed and mess it all up for her.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I am not sure that this will work because when you delete the app in iTunes it says that it will delete Facebook from all idevices synced. I did try to delete it from iTunes and loaded the 3.4.4 ipa from m0st Unique, but it will not load on the iPad 2, it keeps giving me an error, and I am afraid to plug in the wifes iPad 1 that has 3.4.4 with faceforward installed and mess it all up for her.
    Don't worry, delete the updated Facebook app for iPhone in iTunes and sync your wife’s iPad with Facebook 3440 ,itunes will ask you if you want to transfer, say Yes It should sync it back. I made the same mistakes of updating and now managed to get it back. This tweak that makes Facebook for iPad is much better than Mypad +
    Last edited by iYeow; 09-12-2011 at 09:14 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Amos Moses (09-13-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Don't worry, delete the updated Facebook app for iPhone in iTunes and sync your wife’s iPad with Facebook 3440 ,itunes will ask you if you want to transfer, say Yes It should sync it back. I made the same mistakes of updating and now managed to get it back. This tweak that makes Facebook for iPad is much better than Mypad +
    Once again iYeow you pulled from the deep abyss, it worked like a charm. I couldn't get the other ways to work that I had read about.

Thanks a ton man..

Thanks

There's even an easier way guys if u updated ur Facebook just delete it go to instalous and search Facebook and get the older version click download and bam ur done it takes 2 minutes )

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx0mello View Post
    There's even an easier way guys if u updated ur Facebook just delete it go to instalous and search Facebook and get the older version click download and bam ur done it takes 2 minutes )
    User suggesting piracy on a free app idk how modmyi is going to feel on this

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah they sent me a warning about the same thing Bender. Kinda pissed me off because I wasn't suggesting even downloading the app from a pirate app. I suggested in another thread to google the fb app 3.4.4 and use said app to install it. Facebook is free anyway, so it's not like you're actually pirating anything. You're just using an 'old' version of a free app. I'm definitely not promoting pirating apps, mind you, just saying their installer within the app is awfully useful in this situation.

Thanks

Check your messages guy above me

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx0mello View Post
    I did that. The version instalous is showing is 3.5. Is this it. For the record I do NOT download any apps that are paid apps for free. I just need the prior version of FB which is a free app.

Thanks

First don't say instalous in this thread
    Secound to see the current version of the app open the AppStore find the app scroll to the bottom below the pictures and the current version is listed there