Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Just bought iPad 2 on 4.3.5is a discussion within the
iPad Jailbreakingforums, a part of the
True. It's a very unusual rule that Apple doesn't allow a restore to anything but the latest iOS SHSH blobs are iDevice + iOS version unique....
09-12-2011, 01:51 PM #41
True. It's a very unusual rule that Apple doesn't allow a restore to anything but the latest iOS
SHSH blobs are iDevice + iOS version unique.
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM #42
I wonder if I can exchange it through Apple? Of course, the way my luck's going today, I'll end up getting one with iOS 4.3.5!
09-12-2011, 01:59 PM #43
Old version at Apple store? Doubt it. I've heard there might be old versions at some odd-places, like Best-Buy or exchanging thru the mail. Chances are if 4.3.3 was available, they're gone now
09-12-2011, 02:02 PM #44
SO the prize was sitting around longer than I guessed! Booo. Stay at 4.3, there will be new exploits.
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM #45
Oh well, thanks for all the help and input, guys.
09-12-2011, 02:04 PM #46
I'm 100% sure there will be new exploits. It's the uncertainty factor. Until it happens, we don't know when, where, or what version.
09-13-2011, 07:04 AM #47
I have an Ipad 1 edition that is running 4.3.3 and is jailbroken, maybe this is a dumb question but can you use the SHSH blobs from the ipad 1 for the ipad2? probably not but i thought i would at least ask. Not sure it was asked before.
09-13-2011, 08:13 AM #48
09-14-2011, 11:31 AM #49
I just got an e-mail saying that I can exchange the iPad for another one if I want. I had sent them a message because I've been having trouble with the cellular radio not turning back on if I had turned it off. Resetting the iPad fixes this, but should I go for the exchange? I'm concerned that I might get one back with 4.3.5 and then I'm stuck.; I'm stuck now but there's always a chance a jailbreak might come along. Suggestions?
09-14-2011, 11:33 AM #50
Since you stuck now, no harm no foul. I would exchange it
09-14-2011, 02:14 PM #51
09-14-2011, 02:16 PM #52
Yes I've heard that too. The 'product' is under warranty regardless of the owner or receipt.
09-14-2011, 02:54 PM #53
Most likely the new jailbreak will be for all devices except iPad 2 because there isn't any bootrom exploit, it will be a long wait for it to happen.
09-14-2011, 02:57 PM #54
Okay, I'll make an appointment with a "genius" for tomorrow or Friday, roll the dice and see what happens. Also, WOW! Got another surprise today, the "second half" of the shipment came today, which is funny, because I wasn't expecting anything. It's an Apple Wireless Keyboard! It's strange because I was actually going to buy one, LOL!
Last edited by PDADoctor; 09-14-2011 at 03:04 PM.
09-14-2011, 03:55 PM #55
if you go to the apple store, you'll get 4.3.5. if you call apple and tell them you CAN'T get to the Apple store no matter what! they will ship you one with 4.3.3 (usually). Thats how i downgraded mine!
09-14-2011, 04:23 PM #56
09-14-2011, 05:10 PM #57
Yes, I'm thinking that no matter which option I choose, I'm going to have long odds at getting 4.3.3
At least in the Apple Store, if the policy of no questions holds up, I might get more than one chance to do it.
How would the phone exchange work, though? Will they require me to send it back and then send me one, or will they take a credit card and have me return mine in the replacement's box. If it's the latter, that would be fine, but if I have to ship and then wait, it sounds like a bit of a PITA.
09-14-2011, 05:43 PM #58
If you go to an apple store and swap one , not new replacement but a refurbished , then you have a good chance of having 4.3.3 shsh blob, you can always restore when needed.
At one point, I did a return of my iPad 2 White , I saved the blob and later decided to return it, whoever gets that should be very happy.
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM #59
I'm going to call Apple Support now, I also notice I have some pretty bad backlight bleeding, so thats a valid reason right there.
Well, I called Apple Support, they verified my serial number and set me up with an appointment at my local Apple Store for tomorrow for a swap, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Last edited by PDADoctor; 09-14-2011 at 06:10 PM.
09-14-2011, 08:58 PM #60
I will crossed mine too , just for you