+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad issues

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I posted earlier and my thread was locked I think there was a misunderstanding thinking I Jailbreak to crack apps and that is not true I Jailbreak for apps like
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad issues
    I posted earlier and my thread was locked I think there was a misunderstanding thinking I Jailbreak to crack apps and that is not true I Jailbreak for apps like sbsettings, retinapad and multicleaner all which I paid the developers for or were free. I am not a thief. I just want more control out of my device. I just wondered why my iPad after upgrading to 4.3.3 and jailbreaking would cause things to not download properly. Like cydia apps I paid for freeze during downloads. I have to cancel and resume any over a mb to get it to install.
    I am sorry for any confusion I cause and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Does it happen all the time ?

A restore and rejailbreak usually fixes your problem.
    Last edited by iYeow; 09-05-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greekmanx View Post
    ...This happens anywhere in all jailbreak apps like cydia, **********, and datadeposit for example....
    If you did not install cracked apps, your original post was mis-leading and inadvertently closed.

Likely, the only way you'll find the problem is to start over and install one at a time and test. Jailbreaking alone does not cause your issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did a fresh install of 4.2.1 with only cydia installed and it had issues even downloading retinapad so I dont think it matters which tweak makes me wonder could one in a way brick data connections like messing up the baseband on an iPhone?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Problems with nothing else installed except the basic jailbreak .... doesn't look good.
    Restore back to stock (without jailbreaking) and test it for awhile. Chances are you'll eventually see other issues too at which time it will be time to visit your local Apple Store for a replacement.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that sux considering its an iPad 1 ie ive had it for over a year no warranty.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I agree Glad mine is still working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a ipad1 running 4.3.1 jailbreak and turned on iPad this am and every time i open a app it crashes. I can't open any apps with
    out crash that includes settings If it is not crashing it freezes up. Computer is recognize the iPad and syncs it. I just don't understand
    what has happened. I have taken all of the apps off when i did a sync and then put them back and still issues I open sb settings and try to put into safe mode and crash. After the crash with anything i have to turn the pad off and restart to get anything to react, before the restart it is frozen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Did u install retinaPad, it can cause problems. Since u have iPad 1, you should have shsh blobs, so restoring is the best way to solve your problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greekmanx View Post
    I did a fresh install of 4.2.1 with only cydia installed and it had issues even downloading retinapad so I dont think it matters which tweak makes me wonder could one in a way brick data connections like messing up the baseband on an iPhone?
    After the restore completes, are you setting up as new, or restoring from a backup? This could be the root of the problem right here! I hope you can get this sorted.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did a restore and was able to jailbreak I got back to the original state with everything reloaded and did a reboot and back to freeze when I hit any app. I did not do a unteathered jailbreak and did not download retnapad because I thought that was the culprit is there any issues with my problem and I was wrong. I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with lockinfo app from ********? What would be the best and fastest way to find the app that is dousing this headache
    Last edited by Mes; 09-17-2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: mod edit cracked repo

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grady0706 View Post
    ... I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with lockinfo app from ********?
    No cracked app / warez / piracy discussions allowed on MMi