+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading iPad 2

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have an iPad 2, WiFi only model running 4.3.5. Many say you cannot downgrade this to 4.3.3 without SHSH Blobs but there are a few posts online suggesting otherwise.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downgrading iPad 2
    I have an iPad 2, WiFi only model running 4.3.5. Many say you cannot downgrade this to 4.3.3 without SHSH Blobs but there are a few posts online suggesting otherwise. I am not about to say I'm any kind of expert at this but I am certainly not stupid, yet it has me stumped!
    Links like this and this show how an iPhone can be downgraded without any SHSH Blobs saved, and I would have thuoght similar methodology could be applied to the iPad 2??
    Redsn0w doesnt seem to recognise the iPad2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.IPSW file, which sort of stumped me at the first hurdle of those guides, so is anyone out there able to help me?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The only iPad 2 jailbreak uses Jailbreakme on 4.3.3.

I've read articles about no-SHSH required, but no success'es !!
    As it turned out, the few that worked had 4.3.3 blobs saved from before.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Jawwwwsh (09-01-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Darn, I think I will just have to wait for iOS5 and then a stable JB of that! No worries, thanks for the reply

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No problem.

I was lucky and just bought a used iPad 2 with 4.3.3 blobs saved.
    Now on 4.3.3 and jailbroken. Yeaaaa

We'll have another jb (I hope), but it may take awhile. Apple is not making jb'ing easier. Ugg

Cheers

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

the only time you can downgrade without SHSH blobs saved is if apple is still signing the old firmware.

for example. When apple released firmware 4.3.4 they still allowed the signing of firmware 4.3.3 for about a week. If you attempted to downgrade to 4.3.3 during that time period, you would have success.

Anybody who tells you otherwise either had their SHSH blobs saved and didn't know it or is flat out lying to you.

the moral of the story is ALWAYS SAVE YOUR SHSH FILES

there is hope for you though, with iOS 5 coming out soon, I would expect to see a new jailbreak on the horizon, probably from p0sixninja or musclenerd

Thanks

There will always be jailbreaks, it is just a matter of time. The kind of crappy thing, at least for now, is that the blobs on iPad2 and up are not going to work like they used to (from what I have read). However, the beauty of the iOS modding community is that it is huge, and has tons of support. So there will always be hacks, it is just a matter of time (Remember that iPhone4 was successfully unlocked, but it took longer than its predecessors.)

As for the iOS5 JB, it seems unknown whether the powers that be have an exploit up their sleeve, but I am hoping they do
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 09-02-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm also stuck with an iPad 2 Wifi model with 4.3.5 OOTB, so no Jailbreak for my either.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    the only time you can downgrade without SHSH blobs saved is if apple is still signing the old firmware.

for example. When apple released firmware 4.3.4 they still allowed the signing of firmware 4.3.3 for about a week. If you attempted to downgrade to 4.3.3 during that time period, you would have success.

Anybody who tells you otherwise either had their SHSH blobs saved and didn't know it or is flat out lying to you.

the moral of the story is ALWAYS SAVE YOUR SHSH FILES

there is hope for you though, with iOS 5 coming out soon, I would expect to see a new jailbreak on the horizon, probably from p0sixninja or musclenerd
    Thanks for the info, I heard wind of a way of getting a Cydia server to sign your firmware but I figured it wasn't true!

I'll hold tight, and hope for a new compatible JB soon then! Thanks guys

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I wanna make this clear if you bought ur ipad 2 and its already in 4.3.5 u can't downgrade?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kris2pe View Post
    So I wanna make this clear if you bought ur ipad 2 and its already in 4.3.5 u can't downgrade?
    Correct.

Tiny Umbrella is your friend. It's ever hurts to check and save. You might get lucky

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Correct.

Tiny Umbrella is your friend. It's ever hurts to check and save. You might get lucky
    So how do I do it with tiny umbrella ?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Tiny Umbrella is used the 'check and save' available SHSH blobs. Check out the link in my signature.