Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

Default Downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3
    I am having a little difficulty with the host file. I have an iPad1 and jail broke on 4.3.5. I got a little tired of tethering and wanted to go back to 4.3.3. I have an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone and would really like to use Cydia. Here's what I have done and where I am stuck:

Jailbroke 4.3.5
    Downloade custom 4.3.3 firmware from limera1n
    edited host file and added 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

However, when I ping, I get 17.112.176.11 which means it is still reading from Apple which means I cannot point it to Cydia's server to downgrade.

What am I doing wrong?

I have restore to an unjailbroken state on 4.3.5 because I have a business trip coming up in 4 days and if I couldn't fix this I did not want to take my laptop in case my iPad rebooted. BTW - I am using a MacBook Pro if that matters.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

You can use tiny umbrella to set your hosts file towards cydia server

Okay. I got as far as restoring via iTunes, saw everything complete and then I got another message indicating I needed to restore again. During the process of restoring via iTunes I was running tiny umbrella but for some reason it looked as if the app stop running. I reopened and told it to fix Recovery (turned off all the Cydia stuff it told me to) and it told me Fix Recovery had finished and allow the system to reboot. Well I did and now I get an error message on my iPad that says unable to find gBdevList, unable to find fs_mount, unable to find fs_unmount, unable to find fs_load file Greenpois0n initialized.

How do I fix this error? Is there a posting somewhere? I recreated another custom restore and retried the system restore again; however, I got stuck at the same point.

Okay, I give up. I'll just wait until 5.0 comes out in an untethered jailbreak. Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by michele5389; 08-20-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Do you have 4.3.3 blobs? You can't save it anymore unless you jail broke when it was being signed, if you dont have it you can't go back to 4.3.3. If you don't see it in Cydia, try to hit save shsh. Once you have it, start server and restore again.

Just an idea, if you do have your 4.3.3 blobs saved, restore to a stock 4.3.3 firmware, do not use a firmware modified in anyway. If you don't have a stock FW just google it. So, restore to the stock 4.3.3, you'll still have to use tiny umbrella and all that, once restored to stock 4.3.3 go to jailbreakme.com on the iPad and use that to jailbreak. It just sounds to me like you were able to restore but greenpoison was causing a problem when trying to boot the first time, so with out greenpoison it should work. Again just a thought, hope it helps anyway.

No, I do not have saved 4.3.3. This is why I used limera1n's to create a custom 4.3.3 for my iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I do have my SHSHs saved for 4.3.3 and want to downgrade from 4.3.5. I keep getting error 20. Would editing my hosts file fix that error? In the past I haven't had problems in downgrading.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michele5389 View Post
    No, I do not have saved 4.3.3. This is why I used limera1n's to create a custom 4.3.3 for my iPad.
    Limerain does not create custom fw, it only jailbreaks it. However for iPad 1, you can use ifaith to create an ifaith custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by engelke2010 View Post
    I do have my SHSHs saved for 4.3.3 and want to downgrade from 4.3.5. I keep getting error 20. Would editing my hosts file fix that error? In the past I haven't had problems in downgrading.
    Error 20 is something in your pc not letting you restore, with 4.3.3 blob, you should be able to restore again.
    Use the latest TU with 4.3.3 blob downloaded, start tss server and restore thru iTunes to 4.3.3 fw. You can set your TU pointing your hosts file towards cydia.
    Last edited by iYeow; 08-21-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Okay, so you are saying I am mis-interpreting this statement (see link)?

http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/05/downl...ware-ipsw.html

Thanks

Limerain jailbreak uses bootrom exploit and is created to jailbreak 4.1. With this bootrom exploit, you can inject custom firmware created by Pwnage tools or snowbreeze through his pwned dfu mode.
    Pwned dfu is also called limerain exploit or geohot exploit. He is a very smart guy tho.

lol this is cool ok so if you have 4.3.3 shsh saved then just run your notepad as administrator and find your hosts just add the numbers that you said then connect it to the iTunes plug your iPad click on shift+right click look for the 4.3.3 ispw which you should of download then it should give you an error don't freak out run fixrecovery from tiny umbrella and follow steps I hope that you are not a newbie

Hi there. i have an iphone 4.3.5 indeed without jailbreak. i have two questions.
    1) does it worth to use tethered jailbreak since there is no 4.3.5 untethered version available?
    2) i came to know the option for downgrading. i tried and it was failure. the error 3195 (i think thats the correct error code) appeared. so i restored back everything. Now if i want to downgrade with this fone without shsh blobs saved and its not a jailbroken device, please advice me what r the files from where to download and the step by step procedure.
    any help quite appreciated.
    thanks