+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 (4.3.3) jailbroken - keyboard in bottom corner on lock screen

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I just noticed a strange issue today with my iPad 2 (wifi only, 16GB). It is on 4.3.3 and is jailbroken. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 (4.3.3) jailbroken - keyboard in bottom corner on lock screen
    I just noticed a strange issue today with my iPad 2 (wifi only, 16GB). It is on 4.3.3 and is jailbroken. I bought it about 2 weeks ago and it came with 4.3.3 so I have been unable to get my SHSH blobs and as such can not restore again.

Today I let my battery run completely dry and when I plugged in and it turned back on the unlock screen keyboard (I have a passlock) was in the bottom left corner and all sketched out (seen here). Upon entering my passlock I noticed that all my icons were smaller than normal, other than folder icons. (Seen here) Upon trying to launch ANY app at all the iPad immediately reboots, and when it comes back to the issue repeats in an endless loop. I have figured out that after I get back to sprinboard if I use SBSettings to respring, without trying to launch other apps, it is all back to normal when it comes to.

What could be causing this crazy issue?

Here is a list of all my installed Cydia Apps:
    Activator
    AlertArtist
    Mod Edit
    CyDelete
    DosPad Beta
    FaceForward
    file:// for mobilesafari
    FullForce
    Fullscreen for iPad
    HTC Plugin for LockInfo
    Iconoclasm -- Currently using 5 x 5
    Iconoclasm Layouts PAck
    iFile
    LockInfo
    Mobile Substrate
    NES A.D.X. Plus
    Notify Pro
    OpenSSH
    PassworldPilot
    PDF Patcher 2
    RetinaPad
    SBSettings
    SNES A.D.X. Plus
    VLC Media layer
    Weather Plugin for LockInfo (Native)
    WinterBoard
    Mod Edit
    YourTube HD

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't want to have to respring every time I decide to turn it off.
    Last edited by chicoquente; 08-01-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: warez

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just ran into the same problem. I haven't rebooted my iPad in probably at least a month, so I have no clue what could be causing this.

Thanks for offering the respring fix, I was losing my mind and I was getting error 3194 when trying to restore 4.3.3

Thanks

the problem most likely has to do with your apps and if they meet the minimum firmware versions.. i.e. ifile 1.0 has been tested up to and including firmware 3.1.5 and your using it on 4.3.3... go back and check all the apps you've installed and check to see that they meet the minimum version requirements and that it has been tested.. usually downloading apps from third parties is the root cause of this.. sometimes the repo that you may have downloaded it on has not updated to the current version of the app. Also to add, if your handy with mobile terminal ( new version ) then run "respring" and that should get you out of a bind as accessing terminal is a seemless as any channel to accessing the root system files on your device.. you should also have a look at two " bug fixes" on the big boss repo both by lance fetters.. first is called "stuck pages" and the other is called " duplicate icons" . both of these are springboard related bugs and may have a part to do in the sporatic icon displacement and bootloops..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan23 View Post
    I just ran into the same problem. I haven't rebooted my iPad in probably at least a month, so I have no clue what could be causing this.

Thanks for offering the respring fix, I was losing my mind and I was getting error 3194 when trying to restore 4.3.3
    I actually messages the OP a while back offering help, he had already got it fix, he said Notifier Pro was what was messing it up. If you have that installed try uninstalling that and it will probably fix it.