+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Ipad Firmware Upgrade

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello All, I would appreciate very much some help with the following matter... I am currently running software version 3.2 (I know its crazy old ;P) with a jailbreak. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wink Help with Ipad Firmware Upgrade
    Hello All,

I would appreciate very much some help with the following matter...

I am currently running software version 3.2 (I know its crazy old ;P) with a jailbreak.

I would like to upgrade to 4.3.3.

How can I achieve this given that when I connect to iTunes it asks me to download and install 4.3.4?

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Also download links if readily available.

Thank you in advance.

S

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have your shsh files saved for 4.3.3? If you do, get the latest version of tiny umbrella and the 4.3.3 firmware. Open TU and check the set host files to cydia button, then hit start tss server. Open iTunes, goto you iPad and shift click on restore. Select your 4.3.3 firmware and hit ok.

If you don't have your shsh files then you will have to update to 4.3.4 and jailbreak tethered if you want to upgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice @thecrunked

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the same question as the OP, but I'm still kind of lost. I have TU, but how do I save shsh files for 4.3.3 if I'm still on the 3.2 firmware? Will I have to download the 4.3.3 firmware someplace else? Thanks-I just recieved this ipad and I'm a complete noob to ipad jailbreaking. I pressed save SHSH just to see what happened, and I assumed something would pop up under the "saved shsh"?

Thanks

For SHSH blobs, you have to save the blob while the firmware is still being signed by Apple. For example, if you have firmware B, but the only JBable firmware is A, you would have had to have saved the SHSH blob for firmware A while it was the newest firmware (before firmware B was released). Since the latest firmware is 4.3.5, and you are trying to get the blob for 4.3.3, you will be unable to because Apple is not signing it anymore. This means that you will be unable to up/downgrade to 4.3.3.

The easiest way to go about this requires one to be jailbroken already. When you launch Cydia for the first time you are presented with a screen asking if you want to "make my life easier". When you accept, Cydia will then automagically save your SHSH blobs to its' server when new firmwares are released.

The best way is to use TinyUmbrella. To use this software you simply plug in your iPad (does not need to be JB) and click the Save SHSH Blobs button. The only downside is if you don't do this after each firmware is released you may miss the window and not get blobs..
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

azureshakr (09-29-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh, ok, thanks, I guess I'm going to have to just upgrade to 4.3.5 and wait until it can jailbroken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Good idea, there should be userland exploit jailbreak for ipad 1 and 2 once IOS 5 is released.

@Imahottguy : your baby is really cute