+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Painfully replaced my jailbroken ipad with a new one.......uuugggghhhh am I screwed?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Ok just replaced my JAILBROKEN ipad from my brothers stupidity...cracked screen, when I plug this baby in and sync with itunes am I going to be forced to use the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Question Painfully replaced my jailbroken ipad with a new one.......uuugggghhhh am I screwed?
    Ok just replaced my JAILBROKEN ipad from my brothers stupidity...cracked screen, when I plug this baby in and sync with itunes am I going to be forced to use the new firmware negating my jailbreak options. Is there a way ican still install 4.3.3.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

wait what? If you want to plug it into iTunes just don't click restore or update and you're fine. Wait if it is a new iPad assuming iPad 2 and its on 4.3.4 you can't downgrade or jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes hence my inquiry is the os going to be 4.3.4 or doors this bad boy come with no os until I choose to sync

And on a further note, unless im mistaken u have to restore, then u can install a backup. I have the backup files from before and after I jailbroke, am I going to be able to just restore a new ipad2 to a alternate backup file from a alternate ipad2
    Last edited by dbc00per; 07-20-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

Ok when you get the iPad it'll be on 4.3.4. If it is a refurbished iPad there is a 2% chance it'll have 4.3.3 shsh's saved. Check with tinyumbrella. (google) afterwards if it doesn't have the shsh's you can use the backup of the old ipad, but it will only backup all stock settings. You cannot be jailbroken on an iPad 2 with 4.3.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbc00per View Post
    Yes hence my inquiry is the os going to be 4.3.4 or doors this bad boy come with no os until I choose to sync

And on a further note, unless im mistaken u have to restore, then u can install a backup. I have the backup files from before and after I jailbroke, am I going to be able to just restore a new ipad2 to a alternate backup file from a alternate ipad2
    When you first turn on iPad, all you need is to activate, then go into setting to look for firmware version. It could be 4.3.3 if you have not updated it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just in case anyone is interested the new I pad I recieved from apple brand new out of the box was in fact running 4.3.3 so get em soon I'm sure there stock will be updated very soon and versions with 4.3.3 that can be jail broken won't last

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

i went on holidays, came back, plugged in my ipad 2. wasnt paying attention when apple pop ups came, clicked away(thought I was syncing). turns out, i updated to 4.3.4 and wasnt paying attention. I know I have my shsh saved(tinyumberella, did it before i use JBM 3.0), but I cant seem to shift restore with a 4.3.3 firmware on my desktop.
    What am I doing wrong and how to I get my JB ipad 2 back?

Thanks

@Spaceman1701: Have you tried DFU restoring to downgrade? Also, just an FYI, if you start a new thread instead of threadjack you will get more views and more potential help. I am not trying to be a jerk, I just thought I would put it out there so you could get as much help as possible.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone Spaceman1701's Avatar
    Thanks

Imahattguy-
    I will try DFU mode. I thought I could just Shift restore.
    I am always leary about starting new threads and then have someone, get pissy cause there is already a thread addressing the issue, but I see what u are saying. and I didnt think u were being a jerk, i thought it was helpful.
    Thanx