+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tweak to force full screen video HDMI support for iPad 2 apps?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, When using the iPad 2 with the HDMI adapter, some apps support video playback in full screen (TV only) mode. These include Apple's Videos app, YouTube, Air Video and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tweak to force full screen video HDMI support for iPad 2 apps?
    Hi,

When using the iPad 2 with the HDMI adapter, some apps support video playback in full screen (TV only) mode. These include Apple's Videos app, YouTube, Air Video and Netflix, to name a few. Other apps don't -- they play video in a small "mirrored mode" format. Most of these apps use the built-in video player within the Apple iOS SDK.

I was curious if anyone had explored a tweak to force full screen playback in apps that use the built-in iOS SDK video player when connected via HDMI. It would be nice not to have to rely on developers to get around to adding this capability in every app, especially if it is only a matter of a few lines of code to activate it.

For that matter, I'd love to add gesture support for replay (-8 seconds), advance (+30 seconds), etc, but that's another discussion!

Thoughts?

Cheers,
    D

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

i second your request, the non-fullscreen playback is pretty lame

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

i tried displayout, its a package featured on cydia's home page. all it did was flip my screen upside down on my tv and it was still not full screen

LinkBacks (?)