+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safe Mode?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a WiFi + 3G. I think I'm about to lose my jailbreak and be forced to upgrade to 4.3.4. My iPad keeps rebooting itself and I can't load
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Safe Mode?
    I have a WiFi + 3G. I think I'm about to lose my jailbreak and be forced to upgrade to 4.3.4. My iPad keeps rebooting itself and I can't load Cydia to find out which tweak is causing the problem. Is there any way I can force it to boot into safe mode and fix the problem without having to restore and losing my jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

Do you have SB settings installed?

Also is it a iPad 2? You may still be able to restore it to 4.3.3 if Apple is still signing 4.3.3. I havent heard that they have stopped yet.

Thanks

I do have SBSettings installed, but I can't access it. I can swipe to get to it, but by the time I try to hit "More" (I assume that's where I can access Safe Mode), the device reboots. I guess I am not meant to have a jailbroken iPad2. I have heard that Apple did stop signing 4.3.3. I will see what happens when I get home from work.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

As of right now Apple is still signing 4.3.3. just tested it with tiny umbrella.

Thanks

Thanks, Simon! I hope it lasts until I get home later this afternoon. If not, as long as I can restore, I am fine. I am going to go through mass withdrawals not being able to use it at work.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Another idea: If you installed OpenSSH, you could have a 1 or 2 minute window before it reboots. During that window, Wi-Fi and SSH are sometimes initialized. A quick log-in may be possible where you can move stuff out of the MobileSubstrate directory.

I've been successful doing this a couple times, but it's tricky and speed is important

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by engelke2010 View Post
    Thanks, Simon! I hope it lasts until I get home later this afternoon. If not, as long as I can restore, I am fine. I am going to go through mass withdrawals not being able to use it at work.
    Have you restored your ipad 2 yet ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

this happened to my friend. he installed colorkeyboard which causes a crash pretty much after you do anything (once it has been unlocked). it will also happen if you install celeste i believe.

you can fix both problems without a restore. just plug in your ipad to your computer (just don't take it past the lock screen). then use ssh or ifunbox or something, and search colorkeyboard or celeste (if you have installed them) and delete any results that come up. restart the ipad and you should be good.