Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how can i remove PDF Patcher2

Talking how can i remove PDF Patcher2
    Hi
    I remove Cydia , then I reinstall Cydia But I could not because I install PDF Patcher2 befor.
    Plz help my to solve this problem without resting because I have many games and software.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Huh? You removed Cydia?

To remove PDFPatcher 2,
    Cydia/Manage/Packages/PDFPatcher 2/Modify/Uninstall

how ?????

i removed Cydia .
    Last edited by Khagh; 07-18-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khagh View Post
    how ?????

i remove Cydia .
    How?? Did you restore your phone? You can't just "remove" Cydia without restoring.

i did not restore my ipad2.
    restore from iTunes ?
    if i do i will loss all my games and programs !!
    can i save my games and programs befor restoring my ipad?
    Last edited by Khagh; 07-18-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khagh View Post
    i did not restore my ipad2.
    restore from iTunes ?
    if i do i will loss all my games and programs !!
    can i save my games and programs befor restoring my ipad?
    All your apps and games should be saved in iTunes (not Cydia apps and games) Cydia apps and games will have to be reinstalled. The apps and games in your iTunes can just be synced again. I'm still confused as to how you've lost Cydia without pressing restore in iTunes.
    You could try going to jailbreakme.com providing it's supported with your FW maybe that will reinstall Cydia and save you having to restore and start again.

I remove Cydia by "Cydia installer"
    befor i remove Cydia i install PDFPatcher 2
    but now when i try to install the Cyadia again
    when i go to : JailbreakMe 3.0
    i have this message :
    "Note : If Cydia startted to install,then disregard this and click here.
    Looks like the hack didn't work. If you're already jailbroken, do you have PDF Patcher2 installed?"

i think when i remove PDFPatcher 2 everything's well be ok .....
    Last edited by Khagh; 07-18-2011 at 03:30 AM.

I'm jailbroken and don't have PDF patcher it's not something that's automatically installed I don't think

you are right
    i install PDF patcher to save my ipad from hacking after jailbroken

You cannot reinstall Cydia, unless you have iFile or SSH installed already. First you download the current Cydia DEB install file. Then you SSH it over to the iPad. If you do not have iFile installed, then using SSH and the DPKG command, you can install Cydia. If you have iFile, simply tap on the DEB file and choose "Installer". Cydia is not just a simple app, it has stuff installed all over the OS file system. I doubt that everything will work properly if you do this method. You can do one more sync and backup before restoring. Honestly, restoring is the best solution.

Why would you remove Cydia? Future reference: not a good idea. If you want to get rid of the icon, get poof or SBSettings.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

thanks for reply..

I have iFile installed in my ipad2. can I download the current Cydia DEB install file from this linke :
    cydia.deb

my Ipad version 4.3.3 (8J2)
    can you tell me easy way to do it withe iFile ?

* I remove Cydia becaus afte i add this source " **** " always i have " api error resource not found " when i try to download , .
    then I remove the source nothing happened so I remove the Cydia to do the jailbreak agian.

withe my regard
    Last edited by Mes; 07-19-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Mod edit: remove source link

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Discussion of cracked apps or sources and their problems are not allowed on MMI

Thread closed