+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to upgrade jailbroken ipad 1?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi Can anybody help me ,i have not been reading anything since last year. I have an ipad1 3.2.2 and its jailbroken and i want to update it. How can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to upgrade jailbroken ipad 1?
    Hi

Can anybody help me ,i have not been reading anything since last year.

I have an ipad1 3.2.2 and its jailbroken and i want to update it. How can i update without losing the jailbreak? or if i cant , can i update it and reinstall cydia?is there a new jailbreak for the new version? which one is it?

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

you can't upgrade without losing jailbreak, however, pretty much every ios version of ipad 1 can be jailbroken untethered.

all you have to do is upgrade your ipad in itunes. it will install ios 4.3.3

next just get redsn0w and jailbreak it and you will be all set

Thanks

First, get PkgBackup in Cydia. It's $7.00, which sounds like a lot, but it is worth it. Teh developer listens to the people and adds features regularly. By getting this app, you can have it backup all of your Cydia apps/tweaks/hacks and their preference files, all App Store apps saved data (like high scores and stuff) and even your springboard layout. It basically backs up everything. When you JB after restoring/upgrading, you just need to install this app, and then tell it to restore. Then all of your Cydia hacks and tweaks will be installed, and all of their settings will be the same as before- it makes restoring easy as #pie. :-) sorry for the long post! Lol
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix