+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad jailbreak won't work

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
How do I jailbreak my iPad, when safari won't let me download Spirit? Do I have to find another program? Please help, I' m starting to hate apple even more
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad jailbreak won't work
    How do I jailbreak my iPad, when safari won't let me download Spirit? Do I have to find another program? Please help, I' m starting to hate apple even more than microsoft.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

lol

spirit is for windows or mac. you run it on your computer with your idevice plugged in.

maybe you should read the directions before getting upset.

also what ios is your ipad running, because spirit probably wont work anyway

and it is an ipad 1 right?

also, if you are on that low of an ios, you should really upgrade to 4.3.3, its way better than 3.2 or whatever your are running and can still be jailbroken

guide for 4.3.3 jailbreak windows or mac

your welcome
    Last edited by thecrunked; 05-25-2011 at 06:12 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ipad
    I myself would like to jailbreak the ipad but I am having trouble getting spirit to work it keeps on saying it is not supported.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You should ensure that you are using the right tool for the right firmware version. I believe spirit is for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.

Edit: iPad on 3.2

Thanks

What Annie said. Spirit only works if your iPad is on 3.2.x. To check what firmware you are on, open up Settings, tap on General (on the left side of the screen) then tap on About (on the right side) and look for "Version"; that will tell you what firmware you are currently on. If Spirit tells you "unsupported", then you are likely on firmware 4.2.x or 4.3.x. If so, then you need to get the latest RedSn0w. To do so, go to redsn0w.com, and follow the instructions from there. Hope that helps clear things up...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Use jailbreakmatrix.com to tell you exactly which jailbreK tools you can use with which firmware.