Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: IPad 2 jailbreak thread

  1. #1
    Exclamation IPad 2 jailbreak thread
    Ok. I know this is the millionth thread on jail breaking the iPad. But instead of complaining can we get some facts about the progress of a possible app to JB the iPad 2?


    Last I heard or read is the dev team could use geohot but he's apparently off doing better things.

    Also people are interested in boot rom dumping and hacking the old iOS

    p0sixninja I heard is working on something but I don't remember if it's jailbreak specific.


    Thoughts ?

  2. #2
    comex made a userland jailbreak for ios 4.3 but apparently it uses some apple code (even tho its the exact same jailbreak almost as jailbreakme.com) which makes it illegal and will probably never see the light of day. he gave it over to p0sixninja who hasn't ever made a single tweet about it.

    right now p0sixninja is trying to dump the ipad 2 bootrom, and challenged geohot to a bootrom dump race, which he accepted.

    musclenerd has also made mention of dumping the bootrom as well but as usual is completely vague to the point where we were better off in the dark

    comex also has been very uninterested in ios jailbreaking lately, so that is bad news for us.

    i am getting the sinking suspicion that there will be no jailbreak (hardware exploit) even mentioned until the iphone 5/4gs is released or at least is announced. i think after the shatter fiasco, they are playing the cards much closer to their chest.

    but who knows, we get no information about anything, which is frustrating for people like me who have even donated in the past

  3. #3
    i0nics tweets are saying he should have an ipad sometime in the next 2-3 weeks possibly. (said its one week from being built) so thats worth mentioning i guess.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    i0nics tweets are saying he should have an ipad sometime in the next 2-3 weeks possibly. (said its one week from being built) so thats worth mentioning i guess.
    An iPad itself or an iPad jailbreak?

    It sucks that people donate and heavily rely on these guys to help us with jailbreaks. And now they want to stop? I haven't even heard any official news of the next iPhone so the fact that they will wait is crazy talk.
    Last edited by SubZ3r0; 05-12-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    getting the ipad 2 itself. I can only assume he is planning to do something with it since the rest of his tweets seem to imply that people donated the $$ for the ipad 2 he is getting. I could be very off base tho.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    getting the ipad 2 itself. I can only assume he is planning to do something with it since the rest of his tweets seem to imply that people donated the $$ for the ipad 2 he is getting. I could be very off base tho.
    hopefully its not a hardware hack haha... JB FTW!!!

  7. #7
    You guys should remember that these guys actually have lives outside of working on a jailbreak. They appreciate your donations, but those alone don't pay all of their bills to the extent where they can sit at home all day hącking. Also, in order to jailbreak, there needs to be an exploit, which is something you find, not really something that you create. I understand your frustration, but we must be patient. It sucks that it has taken this long, but it will be worth it! :-)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

    SirZyrion (05-26-2011), Wilbourn (05-15-2011)

  9. #8
    Sunday may be fun day is the last thing I heard

  10. #9
    I just got an ipad 2 and it's on 4.3.2. There is no jailbreak out yet so I can upgrade to 4.3.3 correct?

  11. #10
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,946
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    I just got an ipad 2 and it's on 4.3.2. There is no jailbreak out yet so I can upgrade to 4.3.3 correct?
    Yes , you can restore 4.3.3

  12. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Event Horizon
    Posts
    644
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 138 Times in 99 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    You guys should remember that these guys actually have lives outside of working on a jailbreak. They appreciate your donations, but those alone don't pay all of their bills to the extent where they can sit at home all day hącking. Also, in order to jailbreak, there needs to be an exploit, which is something you find, not really something that you create. I understand your frustration, but we must be patient. It sucks that it has taken this long, but it will be worth it! :-)
    Just to add to what you said, they also do this as a hobby and as a service to us. These are some smart cookies we're dealing with and we need to step back and get off of their backs about a JB. They don't owe us anything and we all need to be grateful and appreciative for what they do and not to p*ss them off or else they will get to the point of saying "screw this". We are completely at their mercy and beck and call when it comes to jail breaking our devices.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

    SirZyrion (05-26-2011)

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    Just to add to what you said, they also do this as a hobby and as a service to us. These are some smart cookies we're dealing with and we need to step back and get off of their backs about a JB. They don't owe us anything and we all need to be grateful and appreciative for what they do and not to p*ss them off or else they will get to the point of saying "screw this". We are completely at their mercy and beck and call when it comes to jail breaking our devices.
    Amen!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

  15. #13
    According to i0n1c's latest tweets an iPad 2 JB will be a service and not a hobby....

  16. #14
    thats what he mentioned in latest tweets
    MuscleNerd MuscleNerd
    It could very well be months for public iPad2 JB. Pressing for ETA just causes guesstimates like that to get misquoted and mutated.

    MuscleNerd MuscleNerd
    The Apple "news blogs" are once again getting everything wrong. The ETA of "weeks" for iPad2 JB was just a guess.

  17. #15
    ..i have seen a "within 2 weeks" in some blogs.

  18. #16
    Thats what he said.hope he isnt true and it comes out in two weeks.

  19. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    I have a feeling that it won't come out until the iPhone 5 comes out. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I am feeling.

  20. #18
    Even saying a few weeks is better than not saying anything at all.

  21. #19
    i dont get why they cant just jailbreak it.

  22. #20
    @engelke2010

    i guarantee you are right if they find a hardware vulnerability in the a5 chip, they will keep it very quiet so we don't have shatter all over again. this way, we will have a JB for iphone 4s/5 but if it is a kernal/userland vulnerability then we will see it soon enough because that has all to do with ios and not hardware.

    @ibfr33k
    no legit dev gave any ETA, blog writers fabricated that date by assuming that from vague tweets from i0n1c, which he (and musclenerd) quickly dismissed

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post:

    ibfr33k (05-17-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •