+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is geohot coming back to iOS?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
There have been a few interesting tweets on twitter about geohot coming back. @posixninja challenged geo to get the iPad 2 bootrom dump before he does, geo supposedly accepted the
    Thanks

Default Is geohot coming back to iOS?
    There have been a few interesting tweets on twitter about geohot coming back. @posixninja challenged geo to get the iPad 2 bootrom dump before he does, geo supposedly accepted the challenge. While a dump is along way from a jailbreak it's definitely a step in the right direction. I really hope he comes back to the iPhone/iOS for our sake. Maybe things will get done in a more timely manner like it used to be.

Thanks

Sure wouldn't mind having him back in the scene. After all, he can't touch a Sony device anymore >.<.

Thanks

I couldn't see him wanting to do anything for a while since all the problems with Sony, and now how people are uprising against Sony. I figure he'd wait at least till all this publicity settles.

But when someone of his talent and ability, I'm sure he finds it really hard to sit still and lay low.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

i can't understand why they are trying to dump the ipad bootrom right now. didn't comex already jailbreak an ipad 2? or did he fake that info and make a photo-shopped white ipad 2 running cydia. why can't they release that and then do whatever it is they are trying to do. my ipad 2 is so boring

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    i can't understand why they are trying to dump the ipad bootrom right now. didn't comex already jailbreak an ipad 2? or did he fake that info and make a photo-shopped white ipad 2 running cydia. why can't they release that and then do whatever it is they are trying to do. my ipad 2 is so boring
    Those were exactly my initial thoughts, but as i soon discovered, the way comex jailbroke the ipad2 was using apple code or something like that. So it is illegal to distribute it and they have to find a way to jailbreak it through non-apple code so it can be put up online without any action from apple.Apple knows jailbreak is deemed legal but if their software is used for it that can file suit, otherwise we are good to go.

Thanks

yah i have heard that too, but i figured the tool would work something like sn0wbreeze/pwnage tool in the sense that, it is illegal to distribute cfw but not to distribute software that creates it.

but what the heck do i know anyway. i just wish we could get a legit update or some type of info on why were aren't going to see that happen

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How do you learn how to hack? I mean how did GeoHot learn at a young age how to hack? I've always wondered. Anyway hope the JB comes soon.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

to start out with you need to learn different types of programming language, which is taught pretty early in schools these days. then you can find a message board focused on hacking for lots of info, there's tons out there.

not that i know how to hack, but that's probably how he learned

Thanks

Everything I learned ( which I'm not a master nor do I have the time to be ) I learned after the iPhone came out and I got sucked into the Hacking scene. I love it, and I've learned things I thought I would never understand. Things went from jiberish to plain text in my eyes. I LOVE THIS SHI$.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wouldn't it be great if Geo was the man behind the scenes of hacking PSN. haha i think that would be hilarious even tho he'd never admit it. but you know hes laughing inside about this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like MuscleNerd may have dumped the A5 bootrom.
    Shut up troll.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I just always wondered how they learn to hack and then break into Nasa websites and stuff. Like how to you find the backdoor? It seems like you'd have to not have a life. No offense to GH.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Sounds like MuscleNerd may have dumped the A5 bootrom.
    yah i hope we get some news in non-vague-tidbit form soon