Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: I returned my iPad 2 Today

  1. #1
    Default I returned my iPad 2 Today
    Yep I returned it. No significant improvements in my eyes. Cameras suck, never had a problem with the size of the unit, and the memory upgrade is barely noticeable. But my primary reason is no jailbreak. I cant live without it! I did purchase a 64gb ipad 1 wifi+3g for $530 from AT&T. How can you beat that?

  2. #2
    Ya I had the same thoughts when I read all the reviews. I just picked up a 16gig wifi iPad 1 for $299 at Verizon when that short sale hit. Couldn't be happier. Maybe the iPad 3 will spark my interest.

  3. #3
    Well...inhave my iPad 2 and the memory upgrade is noticeable to me..plus since I buy all my apps anyway there's not too much I'm missing on my iPad 2
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Well, I buy all of my apps, but I would have a really difficult time without a JB. In fact, I recently restored to 4.2.1, and didn't JB initially. It was then that I realized how much functionality the JB community has provided for us; and that we all tend to take it for granted. I recently purchased MyWi, for instance, and really would have liked to have had it the other day!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

    eagleeyez (05-26-2011)

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 115 Times in 78 Posts

    I want a jailbreak so bad. I miss my Cydia days.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    I thought you were running with the Xoom?

  8. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 115 Times in 78 Posts

    I ended up keeping the iPad 2 because of all the apps I purchased for it. I was considering the Xoom tablet but it's hard to let go of the apps.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    I ended up keeping the iPad 2 because of all the apps I purchased for it. I was considering the Xoom tablet but it's hard to let go of the apps.
    I was in the same boat. So now I have them all. The iPad 1 is strapped to the back headrest in my car for mobile entertainment and the iPad 2 is on the kitchen counter. The Xoom goes everywhere else with me.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I was in the same boat. So now I have them all. The iPad 1 is strapped to the back headrest in my car for mobile entertainment and the iPad 2 is on the kitchen counter. The Xoom goes everywhere else with me.
    Which one you like best? I have ipad, ipad 2 but no xoom..

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Well, I like the colors better on the iPads. Google has washed out the colors on the Xoom right now just like they didwhen they updated the Nexus. I'm not sure what they are thinking with this. It isn't really noticeable until you put the Xoom and the iPads side by side. It isn't horrible by any means, but I do hope they fix it. As far as the OSs go I prefer the Xoom. Great widgets, notifications, perpage wallpapers, improved multitasking, blazing speed, better apps organization(no need for folders or a bunch of shortcuts to apps cluttering the screen), the 16:10 aspect ratio, a better touchscreen interface, a true Google Experience device(everything is cloud syncable), USB support, SD card backup functionality, Dropbox backup functionality, WMP sync support, Songbird sync support, drag and drop Windows/Mac/Linux file hierarchy. The cons of the Xoom are few although pretty huge (for me): The charging port is a huge fail. It is a single pin connector that is very tiny. The 30 pin connector Apple has is by far more robust. Apps...there are 60+ honeycomb optimized apps. It is basically in the same situation the original iPad wad in at launch. You can run 99% of most 150,000 Android apps on and it renders them very well. Usually though the resolution is a little lacking though due to the Xoom's superior resolution(think non hd apps on the iphone4 screen). There also isn't a current Adhoc Wifi solution which surprised me. It is due to be updated eventually. It also touts 1080p support although I have only been able to figure out 720p so far. All in all I am stuck. The iPads for apps the Xoom for user experience.

  12. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,066
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 115 Times in 78 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Well, I like the colors better on the iPads. Google has washed out the colors on the Xoom right now just like they didwhen they updated the Nexus. I'm not sure what they are thinking with this. It isn't really noticeable until you put the Xoom and the iPads side by side. It isn't horrible by any means, but I do hope they fix it. As far as the OSs go I prefer the Xoom. Great widgets, notifications, perpage wallpapers, improved multitasking, blazing speed, better apps organization(no need for folders or a bunch of shortcuts to apps cluttering the screen), the 16:10 aspect ratio, a better touchscreen interface, a true Google Experience device(everything is cloud syncable), USB support, SD card backup functionality, Dropbox backup functionality, WMP sync support, Songbird sync support, drag and drop Windows/Mac/Linux file hierarchy. The cons of the Xoom are few although pretty huge (for me): The charging port is a huge fail. It is a single pin connector that is very tiny. The 30 pin connector Apple has is by far more robust. Apps...there are 60+ honeycomb optimized apps. It is basically in the same situation the original iPad wad in at launch. You can run 99% of most 150,000 Android apps on and it renders them very well. Usually though the resolution is a little lacking though due to the Xoom's superior resolution(think non hd apps on the iphone4 screen). There also isn't a current Adhoc Wifi solution which surprised me. It is due to be updated eventually. It also touts 1080p support although I have only been able to figure out 720p so far. All in all I am stuck. The iPads for apps the Xoom for user experience.

    Dude you're going to make my wallet bust open.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I was in the same boat. So now I have them all. The iPad 1 is strapped to the back headrest in my car for mobile entertainment and the iPad 2 is on the kitchen counter. The Xoom goes everywhere else with me.
    lol I'm the opposite, I have them all but prefer the iPad 1, I don't like the thinness of the iPad 2, really hardly noticeable difference unless your playing heavy games, the camera is just not worth it. As for the Xoom well it's a nice at first cos it's different but just can't compete with the IOS professional approach, the way apps work together Xoom feels unfinished and the amount of apps is so poor, half of them are crap compared to the huge number the iPad has. The charging port is super crap, and I don't know why you say the touch screen is better I think it's awful on some apps, awful latency problems where as the iPad is so quick on every app I've tried!

  14. #13
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    The biggest "noticeable" upgrade for me is the smoothness of the iPad. It is very noticeable.

  15. #14
    if I have my sister in law talked into it. I will have a motorola zoom and cyanogenmod on it by midweek !
    They can keep the jailbreak forever !

  16. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    The Xoom's touch interface is superior to the iPad 2. Shocker! I know, but I'm not taking away anything from the iPads. They were cool. I have my tablet now. The app discussion is moot at this point. How many did our original iPads have? The magic faded quickly. The Xoom can run thousands of apps. I don't see your point. It's not for everybody, but it is for me. I am tired of jailbreaking for functionality. Stock OS devices suck.

  17. #16
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    The speed is more than enough IMO

  18. #17
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,536
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    I will agree SB...

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  19. #18
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Makes a big difference if you read tons of books on it

  20. #19
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,536
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    I can really see the difference on from the first to the second.. however hate the camera myself....

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  21. #20
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Yea, its all about the speed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •