Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I returned my iPad 2 Today

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

There is nothing better than speed! lol

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Well with tech. Drugs are never better.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The speed is more than enough IMO
    I agree. The speed of all of my tablets is more than enough. As a matter of fact I am underclocking my Xoom. Most are bumping it up to 1.5ghz, but I have mine running at 500-750mhz. It gives me almost 2 more hours of battery life. I do like Apple products. They are great. Without them I am sure that the Xoom wouldn't have seen the light of day. The next tablet on my list is the Asus Transformer.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Speed as in tech..... yes I can handle that any day!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Slow tech sucks!

Thanks

iPad 2 renders pages so much quicker than original

Thanks

And it should! It got some love under the hood.

Thanks

Helped with zinio for sure

Thanks

Mine has the backlight issue, but is really only noticeable at night in bed. I like the iBook app. Right now it is the most used.

Thanks

Yea me too

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    The Xoom's touch interface is superior to the iPad 2. Shocker! I know, but I'm not taking away anything from the iPads. They were cool. I have my tablet now. The app discussion is moot at this point. How many did our original iPads have? The magic faded quickly. The Xoom can run thousands of apps. I don't see your point. It's not for everybody, but it is for me. I am tired of jailbreaking for functionality. Stock OS devices suck.
    lol no way is the Xoom superier to the iPad!!! wtf are you on about, it's ok but very plastic and doesn't feel as well made. I don't see your point apps are everything, I'm not so bothered about jailbreaking, as a musician the number of serious music apps now are incredible, Garageband alone is worth getting the iPad for! Googles Android will never compete on this one..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to boomish69 For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (04-25-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by boomish69 View Post
    lol no way is the Xoom superier to the iPad!!! wtf are you on about, it's ok but very plastic and doesn't feel as well made. I don't see your point apps are everything, I'm not so bothered about jailbreaking, as a musician the number of serious music apps now are incredible, Garageband alone is worth getting the iPad for! Googles Android will never compete on this one..
    Testify!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

sold mine to my sister in law today. Xoom in near future (this weekend). Jailbreak 4.3, I could give a crap.
    Xoom is better !
    Last edited by drtimal; 04-25-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drtimal View Post
    sold mine to my sister in law today. Xoom in near future (this weekend). Jailbreak 4.3, I could give a crap.
    Zoom is better !
    lmfao!

He is kidding of course.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomish69 View Post
    In MY experience, meeting MY needs, the Xoom is where it is at. I am happy though that the iPad is your flavor of the week. The iPad has some great apps indeed and Apple is very innovative. To each their own.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

..Apple is very innovative.
    No they aren't. I purchased the iPad 2 and I did it mainly because of all the apps that I purchased for my iPhone when I had it. I like Android a lot (my primary phone is Android) but it loses in the app quality that Apple has.

Apple has good marketing behind their products and that's why they sell well. They have their fair share of problems with their products but it doesn't seem to affect them like it would other manufacturers and people still buy in.

Example: They got away with selling defective iPhone 4's with antennae problems and people ended up shutting tfu. They semi fixed it with the VZW version so obviously it Apple's issue instead of the carriers if they went as far as changing the antennae design.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    No they aren't. I purchased the iPad 2 and I did it mainly because of all the apps that I purchased for my iPhone when I had it. I like Android a lot (my primary phone is Android) but it loses in the app quality that Apple has.

Apple has good marketing behind their products and that's why they sell well. They have their fair share of problems with their products but it doesn't seem to affect them like it would other manufacturers and people still buy in.

Example: They got away with selling defective iPhone 4's with antennae problems and people ended up shutting tfu. They semi fixed it with the VZW version so obviously it Apple's issue instead of the carriers if they went as far as changing the antennae design.
    oh god, not the antenna thing again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robogobo View Post
    oh god, not the antenna thing again.
    When a stick is poking you in the eye you don't ignore the stick do you? I've had a lot of problems with Apple's "superior" hardware. Phones, monitors, laptops. Pick one.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Off topic: any apps for drawing out blueprints? I'm going to be doing some landscaping projects soon and want something to trace out my ideas.

Back on topic: I still like my iPad 2. I'm thinking about trading my iPad 1 for a Xoom.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

After syncing all of my iPad apps onto the iPad 2, the performance boost was very noticeable.

I do a lot of photo and video editing, and the access times on the iPad 2 were significantly quicker. Also, the inevitable slowdown that I've experienced on all of my iDevices after loading it up with apps is not present on the iPad.

I'm sure that, in the future, as I continue to load apps onto the iPad 2, I will start to notice it taxing the memory and CPU, but right now, when in use side-by-side with the iPad, the iPad 2 handles all tasks ease and virtually no lag (when launching, closing and switching apps).

I also have several family members with the iPhone 4, and FaceTime on the iPad 2 is a blast. My 9-month-old son is hypnotized by FaceTime on the iPad 2 when his aunt of grandmother are chatting with us. He never paid much attention to the person's face on the iPhone 4 during FaceTime because of the small screen size, but on the iPad 2, he's fully engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by gQstatus05 View Post
    Off topic: any apps for drawing out blueprints? I'm going to be doing some landscaping projects soon and want something to trace out my ideas.

Back on topic: I still like my iPad 2. I'm thinking about trading my iPad 1 for a Xoom.
    When a stick is poking you in the eye you don't ignore the stick do you? I've had a lot of problems with Apple's "superior" hardware. Phones, monitors, laptops. Pick one.
    Just like the recent location tracking "scandal" it was quickly brought to light that many phones experience carrier signal degradation when gripped a certain way. it just so happens that everyone likes to throw stones at the guy on the top to try and knock him down. Apple has set a high standard, so when a widely observed flaw is detected, the alarms are sounded, and the villagers grab their torches and pitchforks, whereas with many other manufacturers, people don't expect perfection, and a lot of nagging issues never make it into the news headlines.

I'm certainly not excusing Apple overlooking the antenna issue on iPhone 4, but it simply doesn't affect me (probably because I always have a case on my iPhone 4- and it boggles my mind that some people do not) so I don't have a bone to pick there.
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 04-29-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast