+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 Jailbreak: Where is it? :-(

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
iPhone 4: Untethered iOS 4.3.2 jailbreak and unlock for iPhone 4 , 3Gs and iPad 2 | Eastern News According to this article, iPad 2 IS jailbroken o.O
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

No, according to the headline it is, but the article says it isn't. The are so many inaccuracies in that article/headline I am amazed they bothered posting, but even more surprised people read rubbish like that.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ohh.. It'll come out, they probably waiting until the iphone 5 or 6 comes out to make a big jailbreak all at one.. hahah No, just don't hold your breath... If you remember.. most of the previous "make it rain" jailbreak was made by Geohotz.. Geohotz just agreed not to jailbreak Sony product anymore.. He probably gave up jailbreaking all together because he doesn't want to get into trouble again. The only jailbreak I am hoping for is jailbreakme.com or spirit, but still.. jailbreakme.com and spirit only did it once... I doubt they can pull this again without a new exploit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"p0sixninja: Damn, this is one of the slowest progressing jailbreaks ever. I think I kinda miss geohot a bit :-("

Thanks

"p0sixninja
    I'm only saying it's a demanding, time consuming, and difficult task very few have the patience, time, and skill to do"

Why quote his tweets here? Can anyone quote anyone's tweets?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    "p0sixninja
    I'm only saying it's a demanding, time consuming, and difficult task very few have the patience, time, and skill to do"

Why quote his tweets here? Can anyone quote anyone's tweets?
    Dude is one of the members from chronic dev working on the ipad 2 jb just like comex from dev-team.

Just giving an update from the main source..

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

All I want is a mouse pointer and SBsettings and I know one day I will have it. In the mean time it still makes a cool conversation piece.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quack3r View Post
    Dude is one of the members from chronic dev working on the ipad 2 jb just like comex from dev-team.

Just giving an update from the main source..
    I am well aware of who P0sixninja is but to quote the tweet you did without the one I did is to mislead people.

Comex does not work for either team but helps both. He is also the only person to have JB an iPad 2 but not in a form that can be released.

The A5 chip has some interesting security features that are proving quite hard to crack, it will be interesting to see who gets their first.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets put this into a different perspective.

Your uncle has let you know that, for Christmas this year, you are going to get a custom piece of art from him. He's famous after all and everyone loves his work. Christmas comes, and he simply lets you know that it is taking longer than he planned because he does have to earn a living too, and he has had to delay your present. You complain, because you feel that you are "entitled" to what he said you'd be getting, and he is keeping you from that.

That's ungrateful, and rude, in my opinion. These people jailbreak to see if it can be done, and then share it because they feel it's only right that we should have features too, that Apple has denied us.

I am also eager for the JB, but understand that if it doesn't come, then I have what I paid for. Or, I can learn how to do it myself.

Patience... The JB for the iPhone4 did not happen over-night... But we have That now.

Best regards

~D
    Last edited by Daerid; 04-25-2011 at 09:01 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daerid For This Useful Post:

confucious (04-25-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

According to GreePois0n's twitter feed, there's another iPad 2 JB shown in a video:

Apparently it uses a loader similar to LimeRain.

Time will tell if it's legit or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mark_in_2k View Post
    According to GreePois0n's twitter feed, there's another iPad 2 JB shown in a video:

Apparently it uses a loader similar to LimeRain.

Time will tell if it's legit or not.
    This is some kid on twitter...if u watch the videos he dosent do much..its just screen shots...he posted today on twitter that now he has bugs to work out and the beta wont be releaesd till this week...it was susposed to be out today...so he said..just another kid that wants twitter followers...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's a fake.

The shot of Cydia is just a screencap from iPad1. That's why when he lifts up the iPad2 at 0:18, you see it rotate and shrink dramatically, with all that black space above it. (Also, if you rotate a Cydia that's actually running, that big red box shifts to the left, not to near the middle of the screen like in this video).

Everything else is standard fare for a non-jailbroken iPad2 (gesturing, arbitrary icons with arbitrary names you can set, etc).

MuscleNerd

Thanks

A fake twitter leading to a report on a fake site? Why do people read this rubbish?

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

Today I learned that iFile for iPad supports the camera connection kit... That only made me want this jailbreak 1000 times more LoL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dev team seem to only be able to release exploits for new iOS firmwares on previously jail broken hardware... The iPad 2 seems to be a bit of a challenge for them, and they are totally lost without geohot (who, correct me if I'm wrong, was the person to JB the iphone4 shortly after its release).

I was hoping for an Easter surprise from the dev team, as certain tweets dating back a few weeks speculated that they were just adding "a few finishing touches" to the jailbreak.

The worst thing that the dev team could have done is dangle a carrot in front of ipad2 users, which is what they pretty much did by releasing news of a jail broken ipad2 only days after it's release in the US.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruddyrum View Post
    Dev team seem to only be able to release exploits for new iOS firmwares on previously jail broken hardware... The iPad 2 seems to be a bit of a challenge for them, and they are totally lost without geohot (who, correct me if I'm wrong, was the person to JB the iphone4 shortly after its release).
    geohot created limera1n not soon after the iphone 4 release, but never released it or even talked about it, he just released a photo of iphone 4 running cydia.

the chronic dev team with help of pod2g found the shatter exploit, which geohot said was better than his. in effort to preserve it, geohot burnt his exploit a day before shatter released so they could save it for the ipad 2/iphone 5.

unfortunately somebody (probably from chronic or iphone dev team) released shatter into the internet before ipad 2 came out and that got burnt too.

i agree though, it is more frustrating to know there is a jailbreak out there for ipad 2, but we can't have it or any progress updates for who knows how long

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well anyone following comex on twitter may already know that the reason that there is no jailbreak for the iPad 2is because he has become "bored of iOS".

Have a read through the tweets, it's actually quiet funny!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruddyrum View Post
    Well anyone following comex on twitter may already know that the reason that there is no jailbreak for the iPad 2is because he has become "bored of iOS".

Have a read through the tweets, it's actually quiet funny!
    Comex is not the only one working on jailbreaks, FYI. @ionic is also heavily involved and just had a meeting (yesterday) in Singapore w/ another hacker to discuss the iPad 2 JB. Ionic is not affiliated w/ either 'Team' but he is the one who gave us our newest JBs for 4.3.1 and 4.3.2. So there's more out there than just comex.

Be patient....it's coming

Thanks
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

Dont forget about chronic dev either

Thanks
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Dont forget about chronic dev either
    I assumed all these people were(!)....but u never know