Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store update badge won't go away

Default App Store update badge won't go away
    I just bought an iPad from Craigslist, and it was freshly restored to 4.3.1. I JBed it with Sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 and everything was fine. Now the App Store says no updates, but every time I respring, a badge with "2" in it comes back. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
    Last edited by iamjamieq; 04-07-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: content

Buy your other apps...piracy won't be tolerated here sorry
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Last edited by iamjamieq; 04-07-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Buy your other apps...piracy won't be tolerated here sorry
    If he was pirating apps, they would still show up in the app store for updates, he just couldn't update them, from what I understand.

If it is pirating, or you ARE pirating, there are other places to go to figure that out. Here isn't one of them.

And links to said places aren't allowed as well...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Agreed. That's what google and a poor moral code are for.

I was just using Google to find the solution to the precise problem iamjamieq was/is having. I have an iPhone 4 and was looking to save space by removing several apps I didn't use anymore. Apparently one of them had an update because I keep getting a "1" badge on the App Store and going into it temporarily dispels the badge, only for it to show up again moments later. When the design of this site purported it was the premier Apple & iPhone community, I thought that maybe I had come to the right place.

Then I saw that iamjamieq was immediately attacked by z3r01 for supposed piracy, simply for having been the victim of a defect in Apple's release state management for apps on iOS devices. Then once the circumstances were clarified he stopped by again, not to apologize for his disparaging remark, but to once again impose authority on a topic that was clearly not at all what was being discussed. In the end, no one provided poor iamjamieq with even a lead to the solution.

This is precisely the kind of fanatical, pretentious behavior that I had expected from Apple loyalists for years. My friend, who is a Mac user, had almost convinced me that things had changed. Apparently not. So I had some time and figured I'd go through your entire registration process just to rub your face in your own ****** attitude. Have a great evening. I guess I'll have to find a solution to this problem elsewhere. I hope iamjamieq managed to as well.

I've had the problem too, the only solution I've found is to wait until there is an actual update to one of your apps and then hit update all instead of touching update on the one app. It seems to "clear" the update badge. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    I've had the problem too, the only solution I've found is to wait until there is an actual update to one of your apps and then hit update all instead of touching update on the one app. It seems to "clear" the update badge. Hope it helps.
    Thank you, kindly. I'll be sure to reply to this thread when a new update comes along and let everyone know if it corrected itself.

No problem, hope it works for you.