Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is 4.3 jailbreak for iPad 2 not coming out ?

I don't think anybody is disputing that here.
    All that is required when a question like this pops up elsewhere is to simply respond with something similar to what you just provided, and they should move along to the appropriate thread. No blame needs to be placed on the ignorant poster, and nobody is obligated to respond to them.

Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    the thing is if people bothered to actually click a thread and read it, they would see its being discussed already at length in a few different places.

I mean take a quick look at the ipad jailbreak section, there are like 5 threads right on top about the ipad 2 jailbreak.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ARCHA1C For This Useful Post:

trevornewell (04-03-2011)

We don't need to bash him/her for questions they ask. If someone doesn't like what's posted, so what move along and leave well enough alone. If you want to help do so and the person will be happy to have had someone help (or at least try to)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No they haven't.
    How have they not in this instance? We're still without a jailbreak for the iPad 2 and we haven't heard any word to confirm or not if he's releasing one now or waiting for 5.0.

We speculate a lot because we hear so little facts from the horses mouth. The least he can do now is release it for 4.3, there's no reason not to.
    iLive an iLife

You make it sound so simple.
    Anything that is said is taken, twisted, misconstrued and taken as absolute truth when, until something is packaged, tried and tested on all devices any release would get slated.
    Just because something works does not mean it is ready for release.
    The new, advanced features of RedSn0w are designed to help testing.
    Just because you do not have a JB for your device NOW does not mean they have dropped the ball.
    When there is something fit for release it will be released, not before.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

trevornewell (04-03-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    You've made a lot of assumptions in your last post, but before I start on that, let me point out that my original intention in this thread was simply to point out that there is no place for snide and condescending remarks on a forum like those made by Jonnyman69. If someone posts a question on here without doing research, they can be told as much without tearing them down or belittling them.

As for your assumption that all "Jailbreakers" are as informed as you have said, remember that some people inherit jailbroken devices, have friends jailbreak for them, or have only jailbroken via methods that were very simple, and covered by the mainstream media. Engadget and many others featured links to various user-friendly jailbreak methods in the past, eliminating the need for Joe Consumer to research beyond their daily RSS feed.

Someone who used Jailbreakme.com or Greenpois0n doesn't need to know anything about the dev team, or the jailbreaking community to jailbreak their device, and can end up here with little or no knowledge about iDevice hacking or even general forum etiquette.
    Nonetheless , jailbreak regardless if u had someone jail broken unstill need to know something...u don't just go "hey I need a jailbreak although don't know what it is"...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

please tell us is there any jailbrek comming soon becuase if not i will sell my stupid ipad 2

A JB for everything except the iPad2 will be released today.
    Hopefully a JB for the iPad2 will be along soon but if you want to sell your iPad2 please don't hang on to it but don't complain if a JB is released as soon as you sell it! There is no ETA
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

ibfr33k (04-03-2011)

confucious,

Are they working on the iPad2 JB for 4.3 or 4.3.1? I would figure they would just skip the 4.3 since the later is out already and Apple quit signing 4.3. That way we people that are patient about these things (like me ) can know what to look forward to.

Thanks,

If you are on 4.3 then do not upgrade. I am sure they are working on 4.31 but if they can't find one then a JB for 4.3 might be released as an interim measure.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm on 4.3. I just bought it yesterday and thought it would probably have 4.3.1 but lucked out . I'm gonna stay at 4.3 until they release the JB then I'll update if needed to get it done.

Thanks again

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

If he HAD released the 4.3 jailbreak 3 weeks ago, instead of "playing it safe," we'd still be in the same boat we are in now - sans a jailbreak for 4.3. We should have a jailbreak now, he's had the month since he paraded the ability to jailbreak an ipad 2 to test it. He can remotely jailbreak an ipad 2 a few days after its release but can't test or even create a simple GUI for it in a month? Thats why, in this instance I said, they dropped the ball.
    iLive an iLife

Great post !

Any news about the ETA or lack of would be appreciated and professional !
    Last edited by drtimal; 04-03-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by al iraq View Post
    please tell us is there any jailbrek comming soon becuase if not i will sell my stupid ipad 2
    Sigh.

See, people like you are why people get snide and irritated.

You bought your iPad 2 like it is. It works just fine the way it was designed.

Jail breaking makes the device accessible to customize it, but it is the same device, before or after.

Unless you're a ruddy pirate, and then no wonder you find the device useless.

Otherwise, it may be irritating but it does not make the device stupid.

Sell your iPad 2. Go buy a Xoom and have fun with it. Or.... Wait.

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    Sigh.

See, people like you are why people get snide and irritated.

You bought your iPad 2 like it is. It works just fine the way it was designed.

Jail breaking makes the device accessible to customize it, but it is the same device, before or after.

Unless you're a ruddy pirate, and then no wonder you find the device useless.

Otherwise, it may be irritating but it does not make the device stupid.

Sell your iPad 2. Go buy a Xoom and have fun with it. Or.... Wait.
    xbmc requires jailbreak, and is not a pirated or illegal software, but is a very significant software for me.

From what I have seen on some sites some Of the code he used was apple code, so it's illegal at this point. He is trying to redo it so it uses no apple code in the jailbreak.

That cannot be the case. Apple would have already sued Comex already.

They can't sue him, because there is no proof of what he's doing and he never released anything to anyone regarding iPad 2 jb

It is only illegal to distribute modified code, not to modify it for your own personal use. Hence it is perfectly legal to distribute pwnage but not to distribute already pwned ipsws.
    for comext to use the code himself is legal - for him to distribute it would be illegal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow this was just a question I asked that turned in to a real heated topic , slot of u make good point but some are just straight up jerks. But the bottom line is if it comes out it comes out if not so be it. I have my iPad 1 jail broken still so no big deal to me . I'm going to just leave iPad 2 on 4.3 and see what happens , if one never comes out I will sell it . .it's a verizon 16 gb 3G if anyone has any offers

If this was a known fact (Comex is UNABLE to develop a userland JB for iPad 2- 4.3), I'd have to agree with you, but, since this is all based on a hunch, I'm more inclined to believe that the 4.3 iPad 2 jailbreak is being withheld deliberately. Perhaps they intend to use the 4.3 exploit for a future FW version since the number of people who own a 4.3 iPad 2 is relatively small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    If he HAD released the 4.3 jailbreak 3 weeks ago, instead of "playing it safe," we'd still be in the same boat we are in now - sans a jailbreak for 4.3. We should have a jailbreak now, he's had the month since he paraded the ability to jailbreak an ipad 2 to test it. He can remotely jailbreak an ipad 2 a few days after its release but can't test or even create a simple GUI for it in a month? Thats why, in this instance I said, they dropped the ball.
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 04-07-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast