+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to downgrade and don`t have SHSH. Maybe I`ve clicked on made my life easier.

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Please, I need help. I bought and ipad, a friend jailbreak to me (until today I don`t know what`s this) and install cydia. I`ve clicked on made my life easier
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I want to downgrade and don`t have SHSH. Maybe I`ve clicked on made my life easier.
    Please, I need help. I bought and ipad, a friend jailbreak to me (until today I don`t know what`s this) and install cydia. I`ve clicked on made my life easier yesterday, but I don`t remember if I made all that have to do after clicking. I made upgrade today to 4.3 and discover that it`s not a good thing to do. I discover how to downgrade and jailbreak again, but I don`t have ShSh before the update (only after 4.3). Maybe I have the ShSh on cydia server. What can I do? My Ipad is a 1 3G 16GB and my computer is a PC with Win XP and Itunes 10. I don`t know what version of iOS I`ve before the update. Thanks.

Thanks

Get tiny umbrella and check if u have an shsh file saved. If not then there is no downgrade for you
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don`t have ShSh. But I made the tethered jailbreak in the 4.3 with sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 and it works, just have to boot every time I turn off the tablet. It`s very simply to do this, because the program explain everything, if some one need to do this, follow the steps bellow. But remember that it`s a beta version with some bugs and errors, but here is working good.
    You will need to do this downloads:
    - sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 (I downloaded in this link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: sn0wbreeze-2.3b1.zip )
    - firware for iOs 4.3 iPad1,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw (if you find in zip, just rename to change zip for ipsw. If you made the updtade to 4.3 iOs you can find this update in your computer (copy the name and use the search of the computer to locate the file iPad1,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw, copy the file and paste in other place (like desktop), but don`t use the original file.
    So, follow this steps:
    1-> Conect your ipad in the pc and made backup and copy to iTunes your apps (very important, because you lost everything when you made this jailbreak beta tethered)
    2-> Open the sn0wbreeze
    3-> Click on OK, click on close credits and click on the blue button with white arrow in the right bottom.
    4-> Click on YES and browse for the iPad1,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw
    5-> Click on the blue button with white arrow in the right bottom.
    6-> Use Simple Mode by clicking in the button and wait until it ends.
    8-> When it ends enter in DFU mode (by pressing and holding power button + home button, for 10 seconds and release the power button but keep holding home button until your ipad stay all black (with anything in the screen)).
    9-> Itunes will identify your ipad in the restore mode, go to Itunes but DON`T CLOSE THE SN0WBREEZE)
    10-> Click on your ipad and holding the SHIFT button click on the restore button and select the file that you create in the sn0wbreeze (sn0wbreeze_iPad-4.3.ipsw) and restore your ipad with this file. When it ends, your ipad will be like new with cydia (without your personalization and apps), but you can restore your backup and apps.
    11-> Before restore your apps and backup, you will need to use IBooty-for-4.3 that the sn0wbreeze creates in the same place that creates the file sn0wbreeze_iPad-4.3.ipsw. Just click in the iBooty.exe and follow instructions. Made this everytime you power off your tablet.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Right but don't you want to check for 4.2.1 SHSHs so you can have an untethered jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, because I don`t have Shsh (only from the 4.3).

Green Apple
    Thanks

if you press "Make My Life Easier" BEFORE you did the upgrade then you have the SHSH.

And nothing else you have to do special for the "Make My Life Easier"

I dont know. Understood he clicked it before upgrade.
    Last edited by robertguero; 03-16-2011 at 12:56 AM.