Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
03-13-2011, 02:03 PM #1Goal: Enable my iPad [4.2.1] to be eligible for current build [4.3]
Update 1.05 PST -- [SOLVED] See update below
I am a noob and just want to get my iPad [completely] back to stock.
- Got an iPad 64gb+3g off of Craigslist and was able to DFU and successfully restore to 4.2.1 after noting that it was jailbroken.
- PROBLEM: It's working fine, but it won't allow me to restore to 4.3 or upgrade to 4.3 at this time.
- ERROR Message: "My iPad is not eligible for the current build."
4.3 just came out and would like to upgrade it.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Have TinyUmbrella, but don't fully understand how to use it/its purpose.
- Have downloaded 4.3
- Edited Host Files to remove extraneous gs.apple.com loopback
- Removed Tiny Umbrella using App Cleaner
- Repaired Permissions
- Reboot Mac
- Restore iPad to 4.3
Last edited by jobtimate; 03-13-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
03-18-2011, 03:05 PM #2
It looks like you have downloaded the wrong FW.
Why not just click update in iTunes?He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
03-18-2011, 03:07 PM #3
Dfu and click restore and update on iTunes
03-18-2011, 03:41 PM #4
z3r01 -- Thanks for the reply: For clarity on this post: I did attempt that and was getting the message. I needed to adjust the host servers file on my mac, as it was querying the apple servers and not allowing me to update.
Thanks confucious -- I was able to solve this issue by changing the hosts file on my mac which was pinging the apple servers. I am guessing from a previous jailbreak of my iPhone.
Last edited by jobtimate; 03-18-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost