+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wait for IPad 2 jailbreak?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I'm on the fence about upgrading to IPad 2 until I know for sure that it's going to be JB. Anybody else waiting also?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wait for IPad 2 jailbreak?
    I'm on the fence about upgrading to IPad 2 until I know for sure that it's going to be JB. Anybody else waiting also?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,162 Times in 6,964 Posts

Nope. Jumping in. Will worry about the jailbreak later

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now that I finally have my iPad 2, I am missing not being able to JB it. However, I can deal with it now. I haven't had much time to play around with it since I got it this morning because of having to sync it, remove apps I didn't want, and get things into folders. The one thing I am REALLY missing not having is infinifolders. I am getting things in folders now and I am not looking forward to having several Games folders, etc. I hope another hole is found soon so I can JB it.
    Last edited by engelke2010; 03-12-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Problems solved - FINALLY have iPad 2 Saturday AM

Green Apple
    Thanks

You'll be sorry if you do!
    I got the iPad 2.... it is simply AWESOME!!! The Xoom can't touch it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to viriiguy For This Useful Post:

bignighttrain (03-12-2011)

Thanks

I'm good with my iPad 2
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Wow! I'm going to check it out today. Surprised though you guys are willing to give up the JB.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah mybe you all should wait three month before unthetered jailbreak coming up...it will painful in the a** if u using thetered jailbreak.i wont sell my ipad to get ipad 2..nothing impressed me except the gpu for...i dont are about the camera,about imovies and one more thing,i not remember lol.i think i'll wait for ipad 3..and i just upgrade my ipad 16gb 1st gen to 32gb....haha,thnks god its cheaper now..hope ipad 3 have one gb ram...but for now 256mb is ok for me bcoz i just running 2 apps in one time and using sbsettings to monitor the ram.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HamDani For This Useful Post:

jamriman (03-12-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HamDani View Post
    Yeah mybe you all should wait three month before unthetered jailbreak coming up...it will painful in the a** if u using thetered jailbreak.i wont sell my ipad to get ipad 2..nothing impressed me except the gpu for...i dont are about the camera,about imovies and one more thing,i not remember lol.i think i'll wait for ipad 3..and i just upgrade my ipad 16gb 1st gen to 32gb....haha,thnks god its cheaper now..hope ipad 3 have one gb ram...but for now 256mb is ok for me bcoz i just running 2 apps in one time and using sbsettings to monitor the ram.
    Funny thinking about the same 32g iPad 1 upgrade from 16gb. I feel the same way. No need for camera or garage thing. Only like that it's thin and faster. I think I'll do the same. Thanks!

Thanks

Did anyone notice if you move the magnet hinge on the apple magic cover over the right side of your iPad 2 it goes to sleep. Nice design but I'm wondering what if your iPad 2 gets close to a strong magnet would it put it to sleep or harm it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bignighttrain View Post
    Did anyone notice if you move the magnet hinge on the apple magic cover over the right side of your iPad 2 it goes to sleep. Nice design but I'm wondering what if your iPad 2 gets close to a strong magnet would it put it to sleep or harm it.
    What does this have to do with JB?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    What does this have to do with JB?
    Do you even have an iPad 2 to jailbreak jamriman or possibly anything positive to say go wast your money on that Zoom you posted about or just wait with your mouth closed until you get a moto or the iPad 2 that's what it has to do with jailbreaking mr smarty mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by viriiguy View Post
    You'll be sorry if you do!
    I got the iPad 2.... it is simply AWESOME!!! The Xoom can't touch it!
    This guy is right on.
    Last edited by bignighttrain; 03-12-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^^ Snap! Seriously though, are there any doubts that an exploit will be found in teh new iPad? The Dev Team and friends will look into it for sure. Why would you base your decision on whether or not to upgrade on the jailbreak alone? I love my iPad, and the fact that it is jailbroken, but I would not cease to function without said jailbreak... So.. Yeah... Lol

Off topic: The xoom is about as hilarious as it gets. Motorola is a solid company, I love their products, but I can't take the xoom seriously. Android is like iOS' cousin, the one who thinks his late-to-arrive gear is the shizznit. But let's face it, if you show up to the party super duper late, and with only a couple 2 liters of pop; People. Will. Laugh. (makes sense to me, but I am still recovering from anesthesia lol)
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 03-12-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Bignight,
    Never posted anything about a Zoom. I have a JB iPad 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wait for IPad 2 jailbreak?-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    ^^ Snap! Seriously though, are there any doubts that an exploit will be found in teh new iPad? The Dev Team and friends will look into it for sure. Why would you base your decision on whether or not to upgrade on the jailbreak alone? I love my iPad, and the fact that it is jailbroken, but I would not cease to function without said jailbreak... So.. Yeah... Lol

Off topic: The xoom is about as hilarious as it gets. Motorola is a solid company, I love their products, but I can't take the xoom seriously. Android is like iOS' cousin, the one who thinks his late-to-arrive gear is the shizznit. But let's face it, if you show up to the party super duper late, and with only a couple 2 liters of pop; People. Will. Laugh. (makes sense to me, but I am still recovering from anesthesia lol)
    My iPad is currently on eBay. I'll either get an iPad 1 or 2 32gb. Don't know or care about the zoom.
    Last edited by jamriman; 03-12-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hav u try to put a magnet close to your television screen before...i think something like that will happen to your ipad 2 and harm it..your screen will look like have a rainbow on the screen and one hour later you decided to change the screen to the new one...

Do you even have an iPad 2 to jailbreak jamriman or possibly anything positive to say go wast your money on that Zoom you posted about or just wait with your mouth closed until you get a moto or the iPad 2 that's what it has to do with jailbreaking mr smarty mouth.

This guy is right on.
    What ever a kind of method you try to compare the ipad with xoom..i think is xoom is better because it can play flash without a problem..the other problem with xoom is that xoom not have a lot of apps to compare with ipad...that the why i choose the ipad bcoz the apps...also ipad 2 still dont have flash so i not understand why you said this "...until you get a moto or the iPad 2 that's what it has to do with jailbreaking mr smarty mouth"...

Last edited by HamDani; 03-12-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i haven't checked out a Xoom yet and probably won't (I still want to say either Zoom or even Zune). However, the only time I really miss not having Flash on my iDevices is when I want to play my Facebook games on my iPad and can't.

Thanks

But really though, let's face it. Facebook games suck balls. They are all variants of farmville wars, or whatever lol. Also, if the FB game is popular enough, they make it into the App Store. Case in point: mafia wars and farmville.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

I read via redmondpie that a jailbreak won't be released until the iphone 5. Any idea why they make us wait? If apple patch it for iPhone 5 then so what no one has an iPhone 5 yet. Apart from the fact apple obviously will make iPhone 5 we dont actually have proof one is on the way. Why put off until tomorrow something that can be done today?

Thanks

Why waste an exploit?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,162 Times in 6,964 Posts

I think it would me a good idea to hold off and wait for iPhone 5.