+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade Wifi iPad from 4.3b3 to 4.2.1 help

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a wifi only 64 gb ipad running 4.3b3. I am selling it to buy a new iPad, but I would like to sell before March 11th, and therefore,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Downgrade Wifi iPad from 4.3b3 to 4.2.1 help
    I have a wifi only 64 gb ipad running 4.3b3. I am selling it to buy a new iPad, but I would like to sell before March 11th, and therefore, need to downgrade to 4.2.1. How should I go about doing this? I can't remember if the limited time I was jb if it was on 4.2.1 or not, so I'm unsure if Cydia has my shsh blobs for the iPad, but I definitely don't have them on my computer. I am running a Mac.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone bubba's 69's Avatar
    Thanks

4.2.1 is still being signed by Apple so you should just be able to restore normally with iTunes. Just remember to unpatch your hosts file with tinyumbrella or manually.
    If I helped you in any way please click the THANKS! button below.

Even if you just want to click it for fun, go ahead, have fun.

Thanks

I need help I have a 16 gig wifi ipad 2. I accidently upgraded to 4.3.4. I have my shsh blobs saved in tiny umbrela. They are in the list when I click on my ipad in the left column. I cxan't get the tss server to allow me downgrade. I am using vista and it keeps saying i need to run as administrator. I have right clicked, changed the properties and nothing i do will alllow me to run tiny umbrella tss server. can anyone help????????

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone4noob View Post
    I need help I have a 16 gig wifi ipad 2. I accidently upgraded to 4.3.4. I have my shsh blobs saved in tiny umbrela. They are in the list when I click on my ipad in the left column. I cxan't get the tss server to allow me downgrade. I am using vista and it keeps saying i need to run as administrator. I have right clicked, changed the properties and nothing i do will alllow me to run tiny umbrella tss server. can anyone help????????
    You can point your hosts file towards cydia server if you have 4.3.3 with Cydia. Do this setting from TU.

You must let Port 80 open for Tss Server to run, close Skype if you have it open or Teamviewer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Iphone4noob (07-22-2011)

Thanks

can you be a little more detailed. I'm not really understanding how to point my host file to cydia?????

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Run tiny umbrella > adv tab > select ( check mark) : set hosts file to cydia , save it .
    Close itunes if it is open and reopen it,
    Put iphone into normal dfu
    now do your shift + restore in itunes to 4.3.3